Chapter 54: The Laughter of a Woman Called Su Li

Thank you for all your comments and likes!

--------------------

"Where did you hide it?"

Su Li looked at the man before her. Her beautiful smile now mocking.

His cold expression was something she was used to seeing. After all, hadn't he always directed it to her dearest Elder Sister?

"Don't joke with me!! You know what I want!!!"

Sun Rui roared at the pale woman before him that he had to call wife.

Tamping down the disgust in his heart, he continued to converse with the snake before him.

Su Li smiled and looked away.

She sat serenely among broken porcelain pieces.

Untouched and seemingly unsullied.

"I don't know what Wangye is talking about."

Sun Rui looked at her with hatred. With clenched teeth and fists, he spat out his words.

"There is no enmity between you and I for the past years. For the sake of my previous feelings for you, I have overlooked certain misdeed of yours. But this is beyond schemes and deceit. Give me what I need."

Su Li looked at the man before her and scoffed.

Feelings? What feelings?

"I don't know what I owe Wangye. As a wife, I only owe you a son. But that was gone by Wangye's doing, not mine."

Su Li could barely continued her words when a shard of porcelain slashed her fair cheek.

Blood trickled down her jade-like face, causing a chaotic yet beautifully morbid contrast of bright red upon white skin, framed by soft black silky hair.

Sun Rui was truly angered. His eyes trembled with fury as he detestfully stared at the woman before him with intense killing intent.

The beautiful woman's fair face paled even further as sweat beads trailed down her forehead.

Her face turned slightly blue and her complexion worsened. She fell to the ground barely able to even draw a breath.

Her maid quickly bent down to her mistress' side and kneeled in terror.

"Wangye! Wangye! Please stop! Madam will die at this rate."

But the man's eyes were like knives, unrelenting and keen to kill.

The maid clutched her mistress' hands and pleaded.

"Wangye, please. Madam had not rested fully since her miscarriage. Wangye, please have mercy!!"

The Crown Prince before her seemed like a devil at this point of time.

It wasn't until Su Li started slightly frothing that Sun Rui stopped the murderous aura from himself.

He merely watched coldly as the crying maid held onto a heaving Su Li desperately trying to catch her breath.

"I must seem like an incompetent man to you. To think that all this while, I had foolishly fallen for your pretentious act, leading to the misunderstanding between Ah Chen and-"

"Hahahhahahaha!!!"

An almost maniacal laughter rudely stops him.

"Ah Chen???"

Su Li could barely stop her peals of laughter.

"Ah Chen???? Does Jie Jie know you call her that?"

Su Li's eyes were filled with tears.

"Sun Su Li. Stop this useless act." Sun Rui gritted his teeth hatefully.

"I don't know what happened for Wangye to change into someone like this but Wangye, everything that has happened so far was also by your approval."

Su Li continued to rub salt into the man's wounds.

"Was it really not suspicious at all that I appeared with not much clothes whenever Wangye is at our home? Wangye, even before I had done anything, I felt your eyes upon me."

That's right. A self-righteous prick appears once more in this lifetime.

"Wangye, I might be cruel and unfair to my sister, but are you any different to your own brothers?"

The woman before him smiled and Sun Rui realised he had never truly understood the woman before him.

"Wangye, I'm no idiot. I know when I'm unwanted and I know that I can't keep my life. But trust me on this."

Su Li cockily tilted her head and smirked.

"The emperor's last edict is with me. And when I die, no one can see it again."

She laughed maniacally as Sun Rui glared at her hatefully.

He would torture the information out of her or any of her accomplice if he needed to.

He was just one step away from claiming the throne.

And he needed to destroy the last thing threatening his right as Emperor.

Looking at the man she used to love, she laughed.

Was it a failure of a rebirth?

Or perhaps, women in this era can never be truly happy.

She once again felt envy for her sister in this lifetime for at least, her sister escaped the repulsive life of living as an unequal existence.

She smiled and mockery was etched upon her lips.

"I wonder if your dear Ah Chen would ever love you if she could see your face right now."

Let's just blame herself for her naivette once more in this lifetime.