scene 122- eyes

He looked back at Time.
He blinked.
It was that nightmare version of him.

And somehow it looked even more terrifying than usual.
Well, it looked miserable.
There was a look of despair and hopelessness on his face.
And that just made it look all the more creepy.

Blood was dripping from the cuts on his arm. No- cascading.
Blood was pooling on the floor. Staining his shirt.

He had never really noticed the scars. He had always just brushed it off, assuming that it was the result of something else. After all, they were all around his arm. All up his arm. Covering it.

And his eyes.
This time, instead of tears, there was blood. His eyes were reddened. Bloodshot.

His hair was a mess of white. Like a cloud. One of those thin ones. When there were a lot of them.

He looked at the bed.

There was an odd red glow around it.
Blood was dripping from the sheets onto the floor.

A hand slipped down, hanging over the side of the bed. Blood ran down the fingers.

He sat up. Stood up. Looked over at the bed.

Wild had his eyes open. They looked the same as Time's. Except for the emotion. Wild just looked scared. Concerned. Apologetic.

Also bloodshot and crying blood.

The sight of the two was absolutely terrifying.

They looked so different, yet so similar.
They both had a stab wound.
They both had cuts on their left arm.

He noticed something about Wild.
Blood was coming from his mouth, but not Time's. Why was that?

Running down the sides of his face onto the pillow. Dyeing the pillow red.

What was happening?

He looked downstairs. Every
Thing seemed normal there. Wind appeared to be fine.
Then, Wind looked up at him. Made eye contact.

And his eyes were bloodshot, too. Crying blood. His neck, his neck was bleeding. In a straight line, right across it.

He looked at Time again.
"Time? St-stop it. This is scaring me."

Nothing happened.

"I don't- I don't know what's happening. What's going on?"

No answer.

"Please, say anything. I don't care. Please, just answer me. I'm scared."

Nothing happened.

He looked down at Wind.
That tired, hopeless face. Like he knew that something would happen.

Something bad.

He looked back at Time, who was standing up. He held his arm out, as if to grab at him. That only made him all the more terrifying.

Twilight ran down the stairs. This was really freaking him out.
He threw the door open and bolted out.

What was happening to him? To them? Did nobody else see it? Was everything normal? Was he just seeing things? Of course he was. They wouldn't just randomly be turning into sleep paralysis demons. And nobody else seemed to notice.

It had to mean something. But what? What could it mean? And why was it so creepy? And why was he seeing it?

Whenever he saw them or thought about them, he got this terrible feeling. He couldn't quite describe it.

When he looked at Time, he felt... hopeless. And like he couldn't change anything.
When he looked at Wild, he felt disappointment. Failure. Surrender.
When he looked at Wind, he felt regret. An apology stuck in his throat. Certainty that this would never end.

And for both Time and Wild- particularly Wild- he felt an overwhelming sadness. So much that he wanted to just stop existing.

And for Time and Wind, he felt fear. Fear that nothing he did would work.

And for Wind and Wild, he felt guilt. Like he was responsible for every bad thing that had and would happen.

And for all of them?
He just wanted to stop.
To stop everything.
To slow time down and take a break.

Honestly, that was how everyone felt at the moment. It felt like things were moving too fast.
And that was odd. They had all the time in the world. They had a place where they could just take a break. They had a place where time didn't matter.

But they all had lives. They couldn't just be there all the time.
Speaking of which, how long had they been here in Wild's world? Two or three days, maybe? He didn't even know if time passed the same in everyone's Hyrules.

He also didn't know if being here meant that time was passing "normally" back in their Hyrules.
He should probably go home and check.
But not now. He wanted to stay until Wild woke up. To make sure he was okay.

●●●

"Time? St-stop it. This is scaring me."
"Stop what?"

"I don't- I don't know what's happening. What's going on?"
"What do you mean?"

"Please, say anything. I don't care. Please, just answer me. I'm scared."
"I am saying something. Twilight, what are you saying? Are you okay?"

He seemed almost childish. Terrified. Horrified of what he seemed to be seeing. But everything was normal. Nothing was different.

Except Twilight's eyes. His irises were jet black with dark pink highlights.

He stood up and reached out, and Twilight ran down the stairs and out the door.

Time hurried to the still-open door, wondering where the hell Twilight was going. He was nowhere to be seen.

He looked behind him at the others, who looked just as confused as he was. Wind had stood up with both hands on the table.

What was up with his eyes? Why were they like that?

Come to think of it, they had looked like that the first time he freaked out. Both times, he seemed absolutely terrified and very confused. And he had looked like he had seen a ghost.

Wait-
That goo that was all over the ground when Wild made that explosion.
It was the same color scheme.

Malice.
That's what it was.
And it was affecting him.

They had to get out of here.
This Hyrule wasn't good for them.
It couldn't be good.
Not it did this.