Ch. 20 (Last chapter)

"I choose...."

Kirishima ran up to the front, his eyes also in rage. For a moment he didn't know what was going on, until Ashido told him about the drama that was happening.

"Bakugou, I thought that we were a couple!" He yelled, as Bakugou stood there, watching him. Bakugou didn't know how to say that he didn't like Kiri. Of course, he liked him as a friend, but he didn't know how to say that he didn't want to be in a relationship with him. He felt like if he messed up, him and Kirishima could stop being friends all together, and he didn't want that. He still supported Kiri as a friend, but not as his boyfriend.

"Kirishima, look. I like you as a friend, okay? The only reason I did that was because... well I didn't want to hurt your feelings." Kirishima stares at Bakugou with wide eyes, his eyes looking hurt and in pain. Bakugou felt a pang of regret inside of him, but knew that it was for the better to tell him what he actually thought. If he didn't, there was a chance that Bakugou could lose the love of his life.

"We can still be friends, and I hope you know that. I just... don't think we should be in a relationship." Bakugou muttered under his breath. The red haired male turned away for a couple of seconds, his eyes on the verge of watering. He brushed the tears away, nodded and looked at him, smiling a bit and patting him on the shoulder. He leaned closer to Bakugou's ear, cupping his hand over his mouth to make sure nobody heard what he was saying.

"Either way, whatever happens I'm happy for you bro." He said to Bakugou, whispering in his ear and walking to the back of the classroom and giving Bakugou a thumbs up. Bakugou smiled thankfully and looked back to Todoroki and Midoriya, still standing there.

"Who do you choose?" Bakugou and Todoroki both asked in unison, both of their tones being dead serious. Midoriya had a nervous expression on his face, and he was fiddling with his fingers a bit and picking at them. It was obvious he was scared that he didn't do what everyone wanted him to do, but he wanted to follow his heart, and to be able to be happy with the person he actually loved.

If he was going to choose anyone, he wanted to make the right decision. He knew that a relationship could go only two ways. You would either break up with the person you once loved because either you didn't love each other, or you changed. The only other was it could go was marriage. This scared him, because homosexuality in marriages were illegal in Japan. That was going to be the case either way because Todoroki and Bakugou were both male, and he had come out of the closet as gay for a while.

Both of them were good friends of his, and they both were nice. Todoroki was able to express this better than Bakugou, but he could see how Bakugou was trying to protect him in his own way. Although it might not have been apparent to some people, it was very easy to see for others. The way he would look at Midoriya during class, and the way he would talk to him. If anything, Todoroki was right; he was probably just a tsundere who didn't know how to talk about feelings correctly so he resorted to violence.

And then, there was being judged by other people. If others didn't support him, he didn't know what to do. The feeling made him anxious and it made him worry for his future. There might have been a change that his mother would despise him for liking the same gender. There might have even been the thought that the one that was not picked could hate him forever. He thought both Bakugou and a Todoroki were friends to him in very good ways, and were both able to even him out in ways he himself didn't even know.

Pressures of choosing one person made his mind space, especially form the pressures that were already out on him.

If he was going to choose one person, he had to make the correct decision, or else he could wind up heartbroken isn't he future. Because of that, he wanted to go with his hearts decision and let that take him on his new adventure through life. He knew who he was going to choose, and his heart and mind were both equally set on who this person was.

Both boys stared at Midoriya with a hunger that was fueled by love, passion, and desire. They wanted to claim him in a way that seemed almost scary, in a way. Both of them loved him with such a burning sensation that he wasn't exactly sure if his choice was correct anymore just because of the way they were looking at him.

A bit of insecurity swept through his body while he felt a shiver go up his spine. He was almost 100% sure; no, he was 100% sure on who he was choosing. His heart knew which person would be the better pick for him because of their personality. People might not seem so good on the outside, but it was the inside that counted.

"I choose Kacchan!" Midoriya muttered at last. Todoroki stepped back in pure shock while half of the class was shocked as well. Midoriya felt a chill go up his spine again as he quickly spat out words.

"Todoroki, you're a really, really, really great person! It's just that you guys are both so great and I didn't know who to choose and.. well... can we still be friends?" Midoriya mumbled, rifling with his fingers again out of nervousness. Todoroki looked at him and pat him on the head while flashing him a warm smile, nodding to him. Midoriya turned around and looked at Bakugou, who all of a sudden embraced him in a warm hug. Ashido started panicking and grabbed her phone out of her bag, taking pictures while Mr. Aizawa just watched. The class started clapping and cheering Bakugou looked down back at Midoriya.

"Forget what I said to you before." He muttered, smiling a pure, genuine smile.

"Forget all the mean things that we have been through in the past, but remember all of the fun times we've had as well. Forget all of the names, the teasing, and the bullying. Why don't we forget all of that ever happened. And the most important thing out of all of this that I've wanted to tell you..."

Midoriya looked up at him, as Bakugou smiled.

"You're a hero too, you know. To me, and to all of us."

He leaned down, and kissed him while Ashido exploded in the background. People started "aww"ing and clapping louder. Eventhough there were many people in the room, Bakugou and Midoriya felt like it was only themselves in the room.

Sometimes, you just need to pay attention to the smaller things in life.

And sometimes, you can be a hero to someone without even knowing it.
—————————————————————————
Comment if you would like a sequel!
/////\\\\\
I've had so much fun writing this, and I'm so happy for all of the support!
Thank you guys so much for reading!