Chapter 2: A Simple Curiosity

After lunch had ended and you'd gotten your other books from your locker, you headed over to your English class and sat down in a chair, taking out your assigned book and beginning to read it. It wasn't exactly an interesting read but was an informative one. You were supposed to finish the book in the second half of the trimester but you liked to be ahead. In between flipping your pages, you heard a thump next to you and ignored it, instead, focusing on the words on the next page.

However, your book was taken out of your hands and before you could grab it back, whoever had taken it put the book above their head so that you couldn't reach it. You rolled your eyes and looked at who had taken your book. He was the same boy that was bothering you during history with his blonde hair and violet eyes. He had a playful smile that ran along his face and he took his free hand, putting his hand under your chin, lifting it up and looking into your eyes.

"Hey there," he grinned.

You stood up and grabbed your book from him, scoffing and continuing to read. He tapped his fingers on the desk as if he was annoyed. He did have that smile still on, though, which threw you off for a moment. Then a few girls walked past him and he began to get distracted, trying to talk to them. They seemed to be more than happy to talk to them, giggling like monkeys. They even continued to talk after the bell had rung and you were supposed to take your seats.

"Mr...," the teacher said, searching through his binder of students, "Hoshino, please take your seat."

"I'd love to," the boy said with a coy wink, "but unfortunately, since I'm new here, I haven't a clue on where to take my seat. If I was able to sit next to someone...intelligent...to be able to understand our class policies, perhaps I can better fit in?"

In the middle of his speaking, his eyes trailed to you, his smirk only widening as he uttered a certain word. Then he looked to the teacher who sighed, looking down at his records, trying to figure out who to pair him up with. Somehow, you just knew it would be you...You had a hunch that was his goal. Just to annoy you more, up close.

"Very well," Mr. Yamohato groaned in boredom, pointing to one of your friends, "Sit next to Aria over there."

"Who?" the boy asked, his smile fluctuating then grabbing your shoulders as he stood behind you, "I was thinking I could sit next to...this girl. She is supposed to be the vice president, right? I'm sure she could help me better than some random girl."

Your teacher dismissed the boy and told him to sit by the other girl, telling him that as vice president, it was not your job to show him around or explain anything to him. However, since Aria was on the orientation committee, she would be a better fit. After a long time pouting, he finally sat down, looking extremely bored before perking up again and starting a conversation with her.

The class began to study your grammar and syntax as the class went on and that boy had only continued to frequently interrupt your poor teacher, making him pretty aggravated. When he had finally had enough, he snapped and sent the boy out of the classroom, telling him to go to the principal's office. You didn't blame the poor man, either. His chatting was incessant.

"Sounds good!" the boy said, leaving the classroom, "I guess I can go see Yamato while I'm at it, huh?"

And without another word, he closed the door and skipped happily away into the courtyard, throwing his arm around a nearby guy and asking for directions. You were glad that he was gone but felt a little bad for him considering it was only the first day of the new trimester. He'd probably miss a lot of important details and you'd probably have to fill him in because he seemed insistent on sitting next to you.

The rest of the class went off without any problems. Well, at least, you would have loved to believe that but near the end of class, there was a large bang outside, making all of the class shriek in surprise. You stood up and went to the door, opening it to see what the commotion was about. There was that boy again, who was dodging chairs being thrown at him by another individual. Even then he smiled at the unknown attacker. He had dark brown hair and golden eyes with cuts and bandages all over him. He looked like some kind of gang member and seemed to be furious with the other boy.