Chapter 11- a crinkle on your nose

I couldn't believe that I asked Ansh to be my date to my own party. I asked him last minute and he's so sincere that he accepted my offer.

That sounds so pathetic. Like I didn't have anyone else to go with and had to ask him.

What must he think of me now?

"Your date is Anshuman?" Candice questioned, staring at me through the mirror. "Like the Anshuman Kapoor? As in the hottest boy in school Anshuman?"

"Umm... I'm here," Blake called out.

"No offense Blake."

"None taken," Blake smiled as he looked at me for an answer as well.

"Yes, Candice, all of the above," I replied back, rolling my eyes at how crazy her and Emma were about Ansh. "That's the Ansh I'm talking about."

"Ansh? Are you guys close friends because only his friends call him Ansh?" Candice questioned but before I could answer, she asked more questions. "Is he actually the grandson of Armaan Kapoor? Is he a good kisser? Like can you rate him from zero to ten?"

"Still here," Blake made a face when she talked about kissing Ansh.

"God, Candice, you're just as insane as Emma," I groaned, pulling a small diamond necklace over my neck and matching earrings. "Yes, he is the grandson of Armaan Kapoor. And no, I don't know if he's a good kisser or not. It's not even a date, it's just a hangout. I didn't ask him out, I just asked if he would like to join me and he said yes."

She gave me a look and then kept looking at me with puppy dog eyes. "Okay geez, I will introduce you to him."

Emma cleared her throat and I rolled my eyes. "I will introduce you all to him. Happy?"

"Oh my God, I had the biggest crush on him since freshman year. I just never had the courage to go up to him and talk. Secondly, he's rarely seen talking to girls so that might make you one of the very few. Thirdly, my entire body just freezes when he's in front of me," Candice explained her situation regarding Ansh.

Her explanation made me chuckle softly.

"You have no idea what happened when she had to talk to him for a class project in freshman year," Emma and Blake chuckled whereas Candice had an embarrassed face.

"What happened?" The story certainly had my interest.

"So, they were biology partners and we were examining some bacteria under the microscope," Emma started with a smile on her face, ready to burst out into fits of laughter. "This woman is so terrified of talking in front of him that she has one of her moments where she is all fidgeting and stuttering and making a fool out of herself. She had the bacteria tray in her hands and spilled all of it on his shirt."

Shocked, I turned to Candice who seemed embarrassed then back to Emma. Not a second later, I burst out laughing and Emma joined in.

"What? Really?" I asked and Candice nodded, scratching her neck.

"Yeah and after that she has never spoke with him, not once," Blake finished the story by explaining why Candice is all fidgety and nervous about Ansh.

"God, Candice, talk about a first awkward meeting," I said between my laughs where Candice also joined in.

"Biscuit, are you sure that Ansh is coming here to pick you up for the party?" Blake asked as him and Emma stood up to leave.

"Yes, Blake," I answered while fixing my matron two piece dress that mom designed especially for me.

When he didn't say anything, I knew what he was thinking. He is always worried about me and it's sweet and all but he shouldn't have to. "Blake, take Emma and get to the party. I will be there soon."