Chapter 1: Alpha Ethan

Photo on the side: Emma

I stared at my reflection in the mirror as I combed my hair. I always wear a ponytail to sleep so I wouldn't get as many knots as I do normally but it never works. When I finally got all the knots out, I placed my hair back into a pony tail and put on my red jacket with a pair of jeans.

Everyone has that piece of clothing that they wear as much as they can. This jacket was mine, it was a gift from my parents on the day I shifted. I wear this every chance I can and always will.

I am part of the full moon pack, some people may not know this but the weather here really is bipolar, sometimes it's too hot that you have to run around in your bikini or it's too cold that you had to be covered up, thanks to our wolf we get more body heat but it's still as cold as fuck. And yes that is a new unit of measurement.

Let me introduce myself, I am Emma Thompson. I shifted just over a year ago, which makes me 17 years old. I'm one of the tallest girls in my pack with a height of 5'9. I have blond wavy hair that reaches just below the shoulders and blue eyes. I guess by my appearance everyone thinks I am a mayor bitch, so no one talks to me, avoiding my so called 'bitchiness' meaning I have no friends. I don't really try either, I have my family for when I really need it. It's really sad but I guess it's better than having to hide to your friends about your Wolf.

My wolf's name is Emily and we do have a complicated story because I can't show her off as much as I want to.

The color wolf of everyone is usually our hair color. Since I'm a blonde my wolf is supposed to be blonde, but it's not. The day I shifted everyone in my family was in shock, I thought it was because of how quick I turned but it wasn't. My wolf was gold. And not that golden blonde hair either I meant actual gold color. I mean obviously I'm not dripping gold liquid or something like that, but it was pretty unique.

We searched in all of the wolves history of any case similar to this one but turned up empty. I was the first and only one for what I saw. It was like the case of the white wolf but without any record of mine.

Therefore, I don't run in wolf form with my pack. Since I don't have any friends it's not that much of a hassle really.

I started to read Paper Towns by John Green when my mom opened my bedroom door and popped her head in through the door gap.

"The Alpha wants to see you" she informed. I shuddered in disgust, he lost all respect I had for him 2 years ago.

This so called alpha of ours tried to rape me before I even shifted, since he is 3 years older than me they believed him and not the 15 year old who apparently knows nothing. Once again power plays a big hand on the scales of justice.

After making it very clear that I wasn't excited about going to see Ethan (aka the alpha), I took as long as possible to get off the bed and out of the door.

"Aren't you going to change into a dress or something? I mean it's gotten pretty warm since the morning" she asked me when I was about to go out of the door.

"I don't want to give him any reason for him to come onto me" I say in my duh tone, I saw mom giving me a sad smile. Dad and her were the only ones that believed me, they tried everything but since he didn't actually rape me there was no physical evidence of him coming onto me.

"Bye mom" I say kissing her in the cheek and left towards the alpha house.

Beta Dawson was already waiting for me at the front door. "Luna" He greeted me.

What the fuck?

The door was opened and standing there was a grinning Ethan. Gross, just seeing him gave me nausea.

And why the hell is he grinning, he never smiles like this. I hate this smile. What is he planning?

"Hello dear mate" He said in a deep tone, taking my hand and planting an opened mouth kiss to it. Again, gross.

"Alpha we both know that I am not your mate" I say ripping my hands out of his hold. It felt freeing.

"Oh yes you are, and the whole pack has already been informed of the such. Just say that we have kept it a secret this past year because you weren't ready for the position, but you are now" What is wrong with this man and who the hell does he think he is?

"Alpha Ethan, I don't know what kind of drugs you are on, but I am really sure that you are not my mate and you will never be. I'm also not going to take charge of Luna just because you have this disgusting obsession with me but it ends now" I finished with clear disgust.

"Oh Emma " he trailed off and before I could even see it he had lifted his hand and hit me right across the face. He used the kind of force reserved for fights that it sent me flying to the floor. A clear headache was going to result from this.

"I think you're wrong" he smirked while I grabbed my burning cheek. I stayed in silence after that. I am not going against an Alpha. I would end up dead. His force as human overpowers me by a few, I'm mad not dumb.

He took my silence as an agreement because the next thing that came out of his mouth was: "Glad you changed your mind, you will be assigned the Luna position in 2 days, see you there" and he left to the other room. Leaving me alone, on the floor with a red cheek. It will heal pretty fast but it was still a hit from an Alpha, this was not taking with ease.

I immediately hurried out of the house, avoiding eye contact with Beta Dawson.But I left with one thing clear on my mind,

I needed and was going to get the hell out of here.

"I'm still learning"

- Michelangelo