Part 16

Khushi looked at the hand and then at him with anger in her eyes which clearly communicated that 'I told you you don't have the right to hold my hand'. Reading her eyes, arnav slowly left her hand and said: khushiii..tum.. Di se nehi milogi..(Khushi..won't you see di)

Khushi said: nehi Mr. Raizada.. Hum di se kaise mil saktey hai..aapke hisab se humne to unki zindagi barbaad karne ki koshish ki..to aaj unki khushi mein hum kaise shamil ho saktey hai....(No Mr. Raizada..I can't meet her..according to you I tried to ruin her life..how can I be a part of her happiness)

Arnav noticed 'arnavji' had suddenly become 'Mr. Raizada'. He tried to protest: no khushi..you know that is not true... Mujhse galti...(No khushi..you know that is not true..I did a mistake..)

Khushi said sarcastically: galti aur aapse? Aisa to ho hi nehi sakta..aap to hamesha sahi hotey hai.. (Mistake and you? That can't be...you are always right)

The tears she had controlled so far rolled down her eyes as she said: galti to humse hui thi jo humne aapse...(I made a mistake that I..) She closed her eyes in pain and stopped midway turning her face away from him.

After taking few seconds to compose herself, khushi wiped her tears and said: chaltey hai Mr. Raizada... Aur dua kartey hai ki hum phir kabhi na miley...(I am going...wish that we never meet again)

She felt she died as she said those words.

Arnav's eyes became wet as his heart broke into thousand pieces realising that she was going forever.

He went in front of her and held her hands and said: khushi please mat jao..khushi... Don't do this to me...(Khushi please don't go..khushi..don't do this to me..)

Looking into his eyes khushi felt weak for a second but then again recalled his harsh behaviour and removed his hand.

Arnav let out a desperate cry: khushi main tumhe jaane nehi dunga...(Khushi I won't let you go..)

Khushi: Mr. Raizada hum jantey hai aapke pass bohot paisa aur takat hai..aur aapke liye hamarey jaisi ek mamuli ladki ko rokna koi bari baat nehi..(I know you have a lot of money and power and it is not a big deal for you to stop an ordinary girl like me)

She folded her hand infront of him and said with trembling lips: hum bas aapse minti kar saktey hai hamari zindagi humey wapas dene ke liye...(I can only bef infront of you for giving my life back)

That moment arnav realised what a disgusting person he has been, such a curse to her life. Unable to bear her pain anymore, he turned back. He didn't deserve her, he had no right to stop her after whatever he did. His cheeks were also drained by tears. Khushi turned to go.

Before taking that last step after which she knew she won't get to see arnav again in her life, she turned back once to look at him. He was standing with his back facing her. She closed her eyes in a silent prayer and wished: devi maaiya arnavji ki raksha karna...hamarey aur unke beech jo bhi hua uski wajah se aap unse naraaz mat hona... She told her devi maaiya like a little kid...kyunki unse naraaz hone ka haq sirf humey hai.. (God please always protect him..you shouldn't be angry with him for whatever happened between us..only I have the right to be angry with him)A faint smile showed up on the corner of her lips, her heart had already stopped beating that she would never see arnav again. Slowly she dragged herself out of sight.

Arnav on the other hand, had kept his eyes shut tightly and was clenching his fist while fighting with his emotions. Subconsciously he was actually hearing the jingles of khushi's anklets which told him that she was still around. The moment that stopped, his eyes shot open. Realisation dawned on him that she had left. His eyes shot open and he turned around. Khushi was not there. He crashed to the ground with a broken heart!

The others except shyaam were coming out of anjali's cabin when they saw arnav in such a state.

Aakash ran to him: kya hua bhai!! (What happened bro?)

Arnav: woh chali gayi... (She left)

He looked at aakash and said: she left aakash!

Payal who knew the reason covered her mouth with her palm and said: kya!!(What!!)

Payal then looked at arnav and said: aapko to khush hona chahiye...yehi to chahtey they na aap!! (You should be happy..this is what you had wanted)

Aakash looked at payal and said: yeh kya bol rahi ho tum payal..aur bhai kaun chala gaya.. (What are you saying payal...who left!)

Payal ran out of the hospital.

They somehow dragged arnav from there and reached shantivan.

Nani asked arnav and payal: yeh sab kaa ho raha hai..humri samajh maa kuch naahi aa raha hai.. Aur khushi bitiya kaha hai? (What is happening...I can't understand..where is khushi?)

Payal, who was weeping badly said: arnavji se puchhiye ki unhone hamari behen ke sath kya kya kiya!!isliye woh chali gayi...(Ask him what he did to my sister!! That is the reason she left)

She looked at arnav in shock and said: aapne usey jaaney diya arnavji! (You let her go arnavji)

Payal then slowly narrated the whole story to the raizadas. They were shocked hearing the whole thing. They couldn't believe the son-in-law of the family was like this and their very own son was no less when it came to treating khushi.

Nani walked upto arnav and said: humey bohot garv tha ki aap humrey potey hai..lekin aapne jo khushi bitiya ke sath kiya uh ke baad...(I was very proud that you are my grandson..but after whatever you did with khushi..)

She turned her face away.

Aakash: mujhe yakin nehi ho raha hai ki jijaji aisa kar saktey hai..di unse itna pyaar karti hai..abhi bhi ho hospital mein di ke sath....(I can't believe jijaji did this..di loves him so much..right now also he is with di)

Arnav was not saying a word.

He went to his room and shut the door and then sat down on the ground slowly leaning against the door and cried. He was shattered from inside.

The room was dark, there was perfect silence there- just the way he had always liked. He used to get angry when khushi used to talk continuously and disturb his peace. Irony was today his own loud sobs were breaking the silence...and khushi was no where!

Baatein kuch unkahee siजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें