CHAPTER 11 - REALITY CHECK 1.1

Chapter 11 – Reality Check 1.1

Arnav's POV

I hung up on my phone. I had received a phone call, just as I had stepped out the elevator and I thought it would be better to finish talking first, before I went in for the meeting at Balance.

And just as I was about to step in.My phone beeped.

It was Akash : Bhai, have you reached?Anshul just called, they are waiting for you.

I quickly replied : Yes, I have Akash. The traffic as usual was horrible.

I got a quick reply.

Akash : no worries bhai.ok im stepping into another meeting too, lets connect post that.ill be wanting to know what you think about my decision of investing into Balance.

I kept my phone aside as I finally stepped into their office, and I was greeted by the receptionist , who immediately guided me to the boardroom, where she mentioned that the rest of the team was waiting for me, and I was just about to step in,when, I saw someone step out, to greet me,and he immediately took out his hand for a shake as he said – " Mr.Raizada, im Anshul Malhotra, its nice to finally meet you"

I nodded as I shook his hand – " hi Anshul,good to finally meet you too, Akash talks highly of what you have developed here at Balance, and I apologize for the delay, the traffic wasn't in my favour..."

He smiled – " no worries, lets get started, please come in, and I will introduce you to the rest of my team.."

I nodded, and I entered in behind him into the boardroom.And Anshul spoke – " everyone, Mr Raizada is here..."

And just as I stepped in, I spoke – " I apologize for the delay everyone, the traffic was...",and my words froze in my mouth,as I came face to face with the reality in front of me.

There were five people other people in this boardroom including Anshul, who was standing besides me, but in that moment I couldn't process anything further, as my eyes were fixed on the sight of just one person,who stood towards the other end of the table.

My mind processed the information, that this was really happening for real, in my reality right now.

It was Khushi.

It was really Khushi, standing in front of me, in this boardroom.

And she was looking straight at me,just like the others were, but it was the expression on her face which threw me off guard.She seemed very calm and composed in the moment, which had hit me like a thunderbolt.

It took me some moments to finally recover from the numb mode my mind had gone into,and I composed my mind, as I completed my sentence, clearing my throat – " the traffic was horrible..."

Anshul introduced me to every member of his team one by one, and I greeted everyone as I shook their hands, and he finally paused on Khushi as he spoke – " and this is Khushi,she's the consultant whose been helped us come with the branding strategy, which we are just about to present to you..."

My hand just froze on its own accord,as my eyes finally locked with hers, for a second, as I stood in front of her, but it was that look in her eyes that shook everything inside of me.

She was looking at me, as if I was a stranger, and as if she were meeting me for the first time in her Life,and she smiled as she extended her hand out for a shake – " Good afternoon Mr.Raizada,im sure we all agree that the traffic on the roads has really been a challenge lately, so don't worry about it...."