Chapter Twenty-Seven.

Avery

I'm waiting outside with Cam in the players parking lot, my head still buzzing from the game. Finn got a hat trick. His last was the game winning goal and he scored three out of their four. He told me he had a good feeling about tonight, but I don't think either of us would of expected this.

I hold my arms closely around my body as Cam and I converse lightly. Oh shit. I never told him about UCLA.

"Oh!" I say suddenly. "Guess what?"

His brows furrow. "What?"

"I'm committing to UCLA."

His jaw drops slightly as he grabs my shoulders. "Wait, Avery. Are you serious?"

I nod, grinning. His grip tightens. "Deadass?"

I laugh loudly at the fact that he just said that out loud. "Deadass."

He pulls me into him suddenly and squeezes me so tightly I feel like I can't breathe. I laugh, but I'm not sure why he's freaking out so much. "Why are you so happy?"

He puts me at arms length, his smile not faltering even for a second. "Because I committed to UCLA last week."

No fucking way.

"No, you didn't," I say, my body filled with shock and disbelief. "That's not funny, Cam. Don't joke like that."

"Avery, I swear." He urges. "I didn't tell you because I didn't want it to affect your choice. I committed when you were in Toronto."

"Oh my God!" I cup his face in my hands before I wrap my arms tightly around his neck, basically jumping on him. "Oh my God, Cam! Oh my God!"

Holy shit. We're going to college together. I'm not going to be away from my best friend. We're going to college together. My eyes instantly water and I let out a little cry in his neck.

"Whoa, whoa. What's going on, eh?"

I let go and see Finn standing there with Casey, his eyebrows etched in worry. When he sees me smiling his whole body relaxes. "He's going to UCLA!"

Finn's whole face lights up. "No fucking way."

I hug onto Cam again, feeling so relieved and actually excited. Not only will I have someone to talk to in the new city, but to have Cam? Oh man. This is going to be so much fun.

After the excitement dies down a bit, Casey says, "Hi Avery."

"I'm sorry," I face palm, feeling really rude. "Hi Casey. This is my friend, Cam."

"Nice to meet you, man. Congrats on the acceptance." Casey extends his hand and Cam shakes it, smiling. "Thanks. Congrats on the win."

"That was all this fella, eh?" He hooks his elbow around Finn and pulls him into him. Finn laughs, shaking his head.

I grin at my boyfriend, feeling super proud and overwhelmed with an immense amount of love. I didn't realize how much I loved him until he said it. It was like I was swallowed up by a tidal wave and I felt stupid thinking I could stop myself from loving him. The words sounded so normal coming out of his mouth, but felt even better coming out of mine. I do love Finn. I love him in a way that I've never loved before. It's different and makes me giddy and I feel like I'm on a high whenever I'm around him.

"Aves?"

"Huh?" I shake my head to rid my thoughts, my face going bright red. Fuck. I wasn't paying attention at all and I was definitely just smiling at him like a sociopath.