[EXTRA] Another Christmas, another birthday.

Enter EXTRA chapter?

YES ⬅

NO

Enter Tear's POV?

YES ⬅

NO

There was a time I was extremely happy during my childhood, it was on my 6th birthday the birthday celebration of a lifetime.

On my 6th birthday, the only person I can consider as a friend was Nagi I've known him since the day I was born here always been by my side after all we've been promised since the day we born to --------.

Well, that's something for another time.

As a child, I once dreamt of escaping, beyond the walls and over the hills to live my happily ever after, with a lover and maybe have a child or two, I don't mind if they are unable to give birth, adoption is always a choice.

I would bring home the dough while my lover keeps the tent down while looking after our dear children, yes that kind of life is something I've always dreamt of, I've read the fairy tales that Nagi secretly snuck in for me and have developed the habit to daydream during the small free times I have alone away from prying eyes.

It's late into the night and I should be asleep and yet for some reason, I cannot sleep. I toddle around the room listening to the ticking clock.

I stared into the body full-length mirror to see my sullen face, black eyes and black hair, these are not traits of those from this country.

I was born an raised here and yet I feel foreign amongst my people, why must I be born like this?

Tap Tap

I turn back to sound to small pebbles being thrown at the window, I cautiously approached hoping it's not some sort of trap and peeked through the window to see a small lad with a lit lantern to hue a glow on a familiar friendly face in the darkest night, face bright red from the cold and a full fluffy armour from boot to scarf to protect him from the cold.

"RAPUNZEL! RAPUNZEL! LET DOWN THEE HAIR!"

I chuckled as I open the window allowing the cold night breeze inside, "wait why am I the lady?"

Nagi laughed, "well you do have longer hair than me and you're fairer than me also I'm the one that brought the food."

He showed a small picnic basket from behind.

"So am I allowed access into you're tower my lady?"

I laughed, "permission granted."

His face glows brightly as he quickly shuffled towards the door and welcomed himself inside after using a hidden key hidden within the Morning Glory vines.

I can hear his quick light step up the stairs and a smashing surprise of the door, "the king has arrived!"

I scuff, "yeah sure and I'm the queen~"

With a cheeky grin, he carefully placed down the basket, like a delicate piece of glass before rushing over giving me a big hug.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR FRIEND!"

I brightly smiled, "Thank you!" He's always been the one to wish me a happy birthday before anyone, well no one really says happy birthday except for him.

"Meow~"

Taken by surprise by the sudden noise I turn to the basket to see it moving slightly, "what was that? I don't recall food ever being able to make a sound like that."