Izuku Midoriya: Origin (Between the Pages)

"How exactly am I supposed to start?"

"However you want. We have all the time you need Izuku."

"...Not all men are created equal. You already know that part. Not all men are treated equal either."

...

Running sucked. After not too long, the legs begin to burn, it becomes hard to breathe, and you sweat uncomfortably. It was especially bad for those who were out of shape.  

It was just a shame that it seemed like it was all Izuku did most days.

An eight year old Izuku ran through the empty sidewalks of Musutafu as his "afternoon appointment" chased after him. He was just lucky that the boy with wings was too portly to actually fly. Izuku swerved into an alley, but skidded to a halt as he was met with a chain link fence. 

He couldn't turn back. They would get him immediately. And he was far too tired to climb it. So, Izuku did all that he could. He shoved his latest hero journal under his shirt and over his chest to protect it from the explosions in his near future. 

Izuku slid down the fence and sat, accepting his fate. And lo and behold, Katsuki and his gang swerved around the corner in the next few seconds. The head of the pack carried the same smug grin and thrill in his blood red eyes that Izuku had grown to fear so much. "What did I tell you about running Deku?" Izuku didn't answer him. "Tch, and what did I say about ignoring me?"

Izuku just put his head down. No matter if he answered or not, he'd get the same beating. Not responding would just get it over with quicker. A nameless lackey scoffed from the side. "He's not talkin' Bakugou."

“Well I guess he really hasn’t learned his lesson about ignoring people. Let’s teach him his manners." The group then closed in on their prey.

...

"...I'd rather skip over this part if you don't mind."

"Of course."

"You might be wondering why I didn't try to at least train myself. To be a hero and to defend myself. If I wanted to be a hero so badly it would make sense that I would try to do something at least.  And, why was I so scrawny even though my mother cooks plenty. Well, I did try for awhile. But, it didn't work out too well."

...

"Huuueggh" Izuku vomited onto the ground as a kick rocketed into his stomach.

...

"I couldn't keep a diet due to losing my lunch every other day for one reason or another. Sometimes I was hit. Others my anxiety caused my stomach to reject things and make me lose my appetite. And other times my lunch was stolen or destroyed. And with my overabundance of running, working out would have just made it worse.”

...

Izuku opened the door to the apartment and hobbled in. "Mom?"

No answer.

'Good.' He limped his way into the bathroom and hopped onto his stool in front of the mirror. Luckily they avoided the face this time around, so he didn't have to hide anything there. Bruises sucked, but he bathed himself now that he was old enough. Inko wouldn't see them. 

He bandaged up his knees, arms, and anywhere else that needed it. Izuku looked back up into the mirror saw his expression. It looked blank. He knew what to do.

Izuku closed his eyes, and burst them open while putting on his All Might smile. That was better. It wasn't that good yet, but he would get there. Besides, he needed to keep smiling. It was the key to his future. He couldn't keep crying.