Chapter 11

*HELLO THERE! HERE IS YET ANOTHER CHAPTER OF C&B! AND OF COURSE THE PROMISED QUESTIONS THAT I WILL ASK WITH EVERY UPDATE:

QUESTIONS!!
-What is your favorite animal? (I LOOOOOOVE jellyfish! ~Mastah~ Ooooooh references~)
-What type of music is your favorite and from what era? With 2000's excluded. (I am a sucker for 1940s music and I have no idea why)

OKAY! ONWARDS WITH THE STORY! ENJOY! :D*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 11

The seat shuddered under me as the school bus drove over roads and turned corners, took stops. My little face nearly pressed against the window next to me as I watched the city pass us by. The school bus was filled with chattering of young voices from the other little kids sitting in the other bus seats. Everyone was excited. We were all on our way to this amazing park as a field trip and only all of first grade could go.This made everyone feel really special and even more excited. I more than others, though, as a special, special surprise was waiting for me at the park. It was all I could think about.

I saw something move out of the corner of my eye and I looked up to the seat in front of me. Daniel was popping his head over the side and looking down at me with his usual playful half-smile. "Are you excited?" He asked me. I nodded and stood up onto the floor of the bus, grabbing the seat in front of me and tippie-toeing to meet Daniel eye-to-eye. "What do you plan on doing?" I asked him. He put his finger on his chin as he made a thinking face. He smiled again and said, "I'll probably play some soccer or kickball with the other boys. Would you wanna play too?"

I shook my head and giggled awkwardly. "Nah, I think I'll keep my distance from sports that involve any kind of ball. Remember last time?"

"Oh yeah," he murmured, "Sorry about your old glasses. But hey! The new ones look way better on you!"

I chuckled and smiled at him. Suddenly, our teacher told us to sit back down in our seats before we hurt ourselves. We both plopped back into our places and stayed that way through the entire ride. Eventually, as more city passed us by, everyone starting getting jittery and restless as we were nearing the park. Kids were already talking about their plans on what to do to have some fun. I already knew what I would do and just the thought of it was making me jump in my seat.

Don't waste your energy on squealing.

I giggled, knowing Sam was talking. "Don't worry," I said to him, "I have energy for anything and everything!"

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, ha, ha.

I smiled.

The bus came to a gentle stop and most of the kids were standing already, even though the teacher said not to. The bus doors opened and everyone squeezed out of their seats and down the narrow aisle, eager to run around and be happy. I slipped my way into the moving line and was soon trotting down the stairs and outside onto the curb. I looked to my right and saw two other buses that held the other first graders. I looked up ahead and saw the park ahead of me. It was vast, spacious and I was just beaming with joy. The trees were beautiful, the ponds were beautiful, the fields were beautiful. Everything was just amazing and I couldn't help but run forward to climb a tree or meet a duck by the pond or run and roll around in the grass. But my teacher kept that from happening just yet as she told my class to get together. She lectured us about not running off too far or where the other teachers can't see them. She told everyone not to jump into the ponds and not to annoy the animals that lived here. After she was done, she signaled us to go free and all of the kids ran off.