CH. 20 Hot and Bothered

As Cameron and I raced down the hall, one thought emerged through my head.

I left my bag with West.

I stopped mid sprint, grabbing the collar of Cameron's uniform to stop her with me.

"Yo, the fuck," She said jokingly, rubbing the back of her neck as if it had hurt her.

Some kid behind me bumps into my back, calling me a name as he walks around me.

I glare at the back of his head, "Anyways," I trailed off, "We need to go back," I pleaded with sorry eyes.

Cameron's face drops; an irritated glare now within her sparkly eyes.

"You gotta be kidding, Vi!" She wails, throwing her head back, "We just made a perfect exit! We can't go back and fuck it all up now!" She explained to me with frantic hand movements.

I stared blankly at Cameron, tilting my head in dissatisfaction.

She narrowed her eyes, "What!?" She shouted a little too loudly.

I raised an eyebrow at her, "Is that seriously what you're concerned about?"

She looked at me as if I were stupid— her lips forming a snarl, "Uh, duh!" She said to me as if I couldn't comprehend the situation.

I sigh, oh Cameron. How I love your persistence. I know I had said earlier I could ask any boy for supplies, but in all honesty; I kinda needed my school bag. Especially because it had some lady items in it...

"If you really need it, just grab it from West at lunch," Cameron explained with as much rationality as she could— in order to convince me not to ruin her perfect mic-drop moment.

Lunch; that was 5 periods away. It was at the mere END of the day. Not to mention, I had a lot of my core classes first. My school posts our schedules about a week before our first day, so I already knew what I had.

My schedule was 1st Ap-Calculus, 2nd Ap-Biology, 3rd Art Portfolio, 4th Ap-English 2, 5th Lunch, 6th Ap European, 7th Track.

I was in a lot of Ap classes, because despite my chaotic behavior, I had a very advanced brain. Hence, my brilliant mastermind of a self. My brothers still refuse to believe that I'm anywhere near smart, as for majority of the classes I'm taking are typically for sophomores and juniors— only one senior class. I also enrolled in track this semester as I figured it wouldn't hurt to have at least some athletic to keep me in shape. Cameron and I also were sadly unfortunate, and only wound up in one class together, excluding lunch, — Ap-English 2. You see, Cameron isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but hey, at least she's pretty. She's in all 'grade level' classes, but it suits her- she's happy with having practically no homework every night.

Ap- Biology is one class I am not looking forward too though. It's usually a class for all seniors- but, biology is one of my best subjects, and when I was in middle school, I had enough time on my hands to take care of both my first year of biology and chemistry within one semester. That was before I picked up some extra jobs in order to get money. Now, this year might be a little tougher, this class is supposedly the hardest course at Baton Academy; and that's saying a lot considering we're an elite smarty-smart rich kid private school. I just hope I can balance school and well- you know...

"Okay fine," I agreed with Cameron, allowing her the epic moment she wanted.

She scrunched her nose up in delight, "Goodie! Because I wasn't going to let you go back even if that meant I had to physically restrain you," She smiled non-apologetically.

I shook my head, a smile appearing on my face, "You're different, Cameron," I laughed, turning to make my way down the hallway once again.

Cameron fell into sink with my walk, "I know," She responded cheekily, "But, that's what you love about me," She added, looking over at me with a toothy smile.