CAPITOLO QUINTO- Bad B's

"Somebody 'bout to get poked up, go call a tow truck. All that talkin' out your neck, might just get your throat cut." - Nicki Minaj

New York📍
10:00 am
September 3rd '18

After dropping Cienna off to the daycare Antonio had found for her, the sisters were en route to the next errand on their to-do list.  The cab was heading towards the address of an artillery store Antonio had recommended. However, somewhere along the way, Cataleya thought of other plans.

"Hey, I'm so so sorry we got mixed up and gave you the wrong address." Cataleya leans forward in her seat, "Can you please take us to 49 Wills-grove in Manhasset instead?"

The taxi driver glances into his rearview mirror, giving Cataleya and Rheah a pointed glare before pulling over the taxi.

The girls look at each other confused but alert.

"Urm, excuse me sir, but why have you-"

"You couldn't tell me this before we were 5 mins away from the first destination?!" The driver huffs looking back at them, "Now y'all better be sure this next spot the place, cause I'm not going to another one if it's wrong."

Rheah nods, "Yes we're sure and we're truly sorry for the inconvenience."

The taxi man grumbles something incoherently in response as he starts up the car once more, pulling back on to the road.

"I hope you see the numbers on the meter too cause I ain't restarting shit so I hope y'all have money."

Cataleya didn't appreciate his attitude. "If we didn't have the money I wouldn't have asked."

"Alright ma'am." He rolls his eyes and takes the first exit onto the highway.

An irritated Cataleya sits back in her seat, grumbling lowly. "I can already tell this place is gonna make me go off on someone. It's been less than 48 hours and my trigger finger is already itching."

"Please, Leya, just try and ignore the bullshit. Remember Papa said 6-8 months not 6 to 8 days." Rheah teases, placing a comforting hand on her sister's shoulder.

Cataleya's sour face slowly cracks into an amused smile, rolling her eyes playfully at her sister's comment.

"Anyways, you gonna tell me where we going now?"

"Well," Cataleya begins, "The artillery store Papa told us about is too close to the source. That could potentially be a threat to our cover in the long run, so I googled stores outside The Bronx and found one in Manhasset."

Rheah thought over what her sister said and she had to agree it made sense. She flashes Cataleya a teasing smile. "I guess you're not just a pretty face after all."

o~O~o

Manhasset, Long Island📍
10:45 am
September 3rd '18

The bell to 'Joe's Artillery' rang to alert the owner of his new customers.

The short salt- and- peppered white man who looked close to his 60's, observes the two young women approaching the counter. He wore a plaid red and black flannel shirt with a pair of jeans, sneakers and a black baseball cap.

"Hello Ladies, welcome to Joe's Artillery, I'm Joe, how can I help you?" The store owner greets warmly.

Cataleya smiles, "Hey, Joe, we would like to purchase some guns, you know for safety reasons." She sighs, "I'm sure you can imagine how dangerous it could be for two young women living alone in the troubled areas of New York."