006. interviews

( 𝒉𝒖𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚'𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒖𝒍𝒕𝒔 ).
six.『 interviews 』

𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐔𝐏 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒. That's what Indie had been calling it at least. She hated the thought of going and working on what Estella reminded her about four times a day if she was lucky. But it was led by Freda and Isaac, who had both refused to let Estella help out with the mini session, much to Indie's approval. But both of the mentors alone were bad, due to the fact that they had made her wear high heels the entire time, walking her walk around until she got it perfect. They made her wear a vest type thing that would keep her back straight no matter what she tried. It was awful. By the end, her feet were hurting and had blisters and her back was sore from being unable to slump down for so long. She had no idea how people in the Capitol survived like this. It was pure human torture. But then again, they did come up with the Hunger Games so was it really a shock?

After that they had gotten to eat lunch (Indie had slouched so much just to get the familiar feeling of being relaxed back that even Stephanie scolded her). After that however it was to see Stephanie and Jasper and Zach, who were all part of the session that she didn't know exactly what to call.

"We just need to make sure you are liked," Jasper explained, "Focus on a specific personality trait that everyone likes about you and play it all on stage. So far we can cross off charming and funny. And traits that you have that would be useful?" He asked playfully and both Stephanie and Indie rolled their eyes at his words, although Zach laughed slightly before covering it up as a cough.

"Ignore them, kid." Stephanie said and looked at Indie. "Although our best bet is to make them feel some sort of sympathy for you—"

"They are sending me to die in Games they watch for their own amusement, I'm pretty sure that they don't have much sympathy for anyone." Indie said, folding her arms across her chest indignantly, raising an eyebrows at the two as she reminded them of what was going on.

"Yes, but," Zach said, "They are from the Capitol, and if there is one thing they have in common it's being dramatic and stories such as those." He explained and continued, "They also all love a tribute with a tragic past who is still trying to get over that past."

"You want me, to act pitiful?"

"Pretty much." Jasper said. "So any sad deaths?"

"Isn't all death sad? Unless it's theirs."

Stephanie sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose, seeing that Indie wasn't exactly happy with the whole idea. "Fine, we don't make them feel sorry for you. You aren't confident that you are going to win the games either so confidence is out of the question. There's got to be something that can make them like you."

"Thanks." She muttered sarcastically before they continued on with the little session.

۞

Indie couldn't help but scowl at her reflection in the mirror. Once again she was being dressed by Sona, who had once again come up with a rather beautiful dress, that looked like waterfall to represent the dam that supplied some of the energy for the districts. It rose a little bit in the front, up to her knees before going low in the back, the rest of her body covered except for her arms which were once again sleeveless. The boots she wore were the same color as the cement of the dam and she was once again impressed by Sona, though she wouldn't admit it. It didn't look like the silly power plant costumes that District five normally had.