Chapter 2

Jisoo felt dizzy from the smell, she felt intoxicated, high on it but she still wanted more. Her wolf wanted to pounce at the man standing in front of her, he was tall, more handsome than anyone she's ever seen and God was he manly. He looked and breathed in a manly way, if that was even logical.

Her eyes scanned him from head to toe, from his jet black locks to his tanned gorgeous skin and muscular body. Her gaze met his for a second and she felt her breath hitch, her senses going haywire, his eyes spoke volumes, he was checking her out the same way she was doing and it didn't help her wolf to calm down at all. Their wolves were getting to know each other, they were hungry to explore, hungry to see more. And she had to physically shake her head to remove the nasty images her animalistic side was putting in her mind.

"Jisoo?" The manager spoke, her eyes hinting a bit of concern, and Jisoo was really acting weird, she took another step back and she ended up stumbling on one of the tables, almost falling but she caught herself just in time. Her wolf almost whimpered when she noticed the worried expression of her 'supposed-to-be' mate. Her wolf sure was a sucker for attention, but then again it was every wolf's reaction towards their mates. She groaned.

She tried to regain her posture and forced herself to tear her gaze from the man, just for her eyes to land on her boss's hand that was resting on the man's forearm, it took her a lot of courage and self control to not growl or jump on her and push her away from him. And he seems to notice it because he gently removes his arm from the woman's hold with a knowing smirk on his face.

Cocky much. Jisoo scowls, it wasn't her fault that her wolf was acting very possessive all of sudden. Screw these omega hormones.

She held her breath for a second, trying not to smell in his earthy and woody scent, and talked. His ears perking up at her voice not going unnoticed, "Nice to meet you, mister Kim." She forced a smile.

She was already hating the effect.

And if his scent and appearance weren't enough to knock the air out of her, the smile he gave her did just that.

Dimples. He has freaking dimples. She screamed internally.

"I introduced him to everyone here, his family and him will be important clients from today on." Eunji talked and Jisoo understood that she's talking about his pack, for sure.

"Will they?" Jisoo raised her eyebrows at that.

"Yes, they just moved in, they live.." The manager trailed off, a bit confused herself, trying to find the right words. "Somewhere in the forest.", she said and Jisoo almost snorted at her choice of words.

"Greet his.." The manager stopped again, this so-called family was really messing with her head and it was entertaining to watch. Jisoo followed the woman's eyes' movement, pointing to a girl standing by the entrance. Beautiful was an understatement, she was blonde, had bangs, plump lips and big captivating eyes. She looked intimidating just standing there, yet her wolf wasn't threatened by her presence. Jisoo sniffed the air a bit before concluding that the young girl was a beta.

"Sister," Namjoon spoke and Jisoo looked at him , "My sister." He said again, answering the woman, and Jisoo never thought she could fall in love with a voice.

This whole wolf thing was giving her mixed feelings, she liked and disliked it, very much.

"Oh, greet his sister. She came here alone at first but I insisted on her to introduce me to the head of the family." Eunji spoke again with an annoying high-pitched tone, breaking her train of thoughts.

The girl at the entrance rolled her eyes and scoffed and Jisoo kind of understood the reaction. She had to go bring her pack's leader just to-

Oh.. Oh! Jisoo's widened, as her eyes looked at the man again, scanning him, this time with judgy eyes. He gave her an offended look before he puffed out his chest in pride, she wanted to roll her eyes so bad. He looked very young, too young to be a pack leader.

"All this just for food?" Jisoo had to ask, they couldn't possibly be going through all the struggle just for some food. Eunji glared at her but she couldn't care less at the moment, she needed answers.

"We have a pregnant woman at home, she tends to ask for different kinds of food at questionable hours and this place is the closest to the forest." He talked, his voice was very deep and Jisoo wanted to hear more of it.

"Oh." She said, not paying much attention, her focus was not just on his scent this time but at how his body moved, how the black suit he was wearing was hugging his body perfectly. And she struggles to stop her thoughts from going any further.

They stood there for a moment, balantly checking each other out while the manager was just looking at them weirdly.

"Well then," He spoke again , breaking the eye contact, "We'll get going. Thank you for the welcome, miss Eunji." He bowed his head slightly with a little smile tugging at his lips.

"Anytime, mister Kim." The woman saw him off with a wave, while Jisoo stood frozen in her spot.

He was leaving. Just like that.

She came back to her senses when she heard him whisper "see you again" as he walked towards the door.

She turned around and watched him make his way out of her workplace, he didn't need to talk for the girl to push herself off the wall and smile at Jisoo knowingly before following him from behind.

"Well that was.." Eunji started.

"Yeah." Jisoo nodded, she had never agreed with the older woman before.

The rest of the day was quite awkward as Jisoo kept on messing up, almost breaking plates and spilling liquids on customers. It was after he left that it all clicked in her mind, they're a pack that moved to the city recently and they live in the forest. She was relieved but also very confused and more wary than ever. Because it meant that they were the ones she heard in the forest, not her old pack, but they were also people she didn't know and it made her wolf on edge.

However that wasn't what confused her the most. Why is an alpha and pack leader going to such lenghts just for a pregnant pack member? It didn't make sense to her.

"Kim Namjoon." She whispered to herself.