22. 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹

IN MEMORIAM.

Photos taken from the internet by other photographers and put into a slideshow with horrible transitions and editing skills, on the screen appears to be the fallen Avengers--images of Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, and Vision. The song I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston is playing throughout the halls. Some students pausing to watch, but most of the students ignored the school news. Shortly after the video, it shrinks down until two students appear on the screen--Midtown's news show presenting Betty Bryant and Jason Ionello.

"Gone. But not forgotten."

Jason poses. "Thanks to Kenneth Lin and Vihaan Ramamurthy for their help with that touching video tribute," a horn effect goes off.

"This team has been nothing short of--" Betty was cut off.

A beep blocks Jason's colorful words, still baffled. "Shit is crazy," Betty freezes on the spot. "It's, like, insane."

"Jason," Betty scolds, turning to give the boy a warning glance, trying to be discreet as they're live for the whole school to see.

"What?"

"No swearing."

Jason makes a face, not fazed by the scolds. "Yeah, it's, like, the last day of school," Jason remembers cheerfully, showing Betty that he wasn't bothered. "We're good."

Betty signs in annoyance with her partner. She turns her attention back to the camera and continues with her lines. "Historic. Over five years ago, half of all life in the universe, including Midtown High, was wiped from existence," there was a video clip from a phone showing many students suddenly vanishing into nothing. Then, a photo of the Avengers was inserted at the bottom of the screen. "But then eight months ago, a band of brave heroes brought us back."

Then, another video of the present time showed a video of everyone suddenly flashing back into reality, landing exactly where they last were, almost like they were never gone, to begin with. Basketball players crashed against the people, and a few others had fallen on the ground. "They called it The Blip. Those of us who blipped away came back the same age," a photo appears to compare two different students, one who had Blipped and another who hadn't. "But our classmates that didn't Blip grew five years older."

Jason nods, a little weirded out. "Yeah, like, my little brother is now older than me," the boy scrunches his nose in distaste.

"Yeah, it's math," Betty retorts, but Jason scrunches his brows when he couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that his younger brother is now older than him. What the actual hell. "And even though we had blipped away, halfway through the school year, and had already taken midnight terms, the school made us start the whole year over from the beginning."

Betty was practically glaring at the camera in annoyance, having an internal battle as she imagines herself yelling at their principal for making them retake the year. It was lame, and there was no need to make them retake the same year--if anything, they should've allowed the students into the next year and given them their EOC tests.

However, Jason seemed to be more focused on the fact that anyone younger than him is a lot older than him. "Totally unfair. It's not right."

"Tigers," Betty turns back to the camera, pausing to allow a tiger roar to play before she continues. "It's been a long, dramatic, somewhat confusing road. As we draw this year to a close, it's time to move on to a new phase of our lives." Betty adds some emphasis to her words when she directs them toward Jason, narrowing her eyes slightly.