Chapter 10: Class Rep

You tried to keep the incident at the party out of your mind. Yet as you were greeted by the stares of the others in the school corridor, you realized that you would not be able to forget about it so easily. Word seemed to spread fast in this school, and there was no use hiding what happened.

On that particular day, you had come in earlier, to avoid as many faces as possible. Of course, you couldn't avoid everyone and you knew that. But still the thought of being surrounded by so many made you uncomfortable. The day had not even started, and yet you just wanted to go back home.

Your mood abruptly lifted when you opened your classroom door to find Connor, slumped in his chair in the empty classroom.

"Connor," You squeaked, before flushing at your oddly pitched voice. What was wrong with you?

Connor looked up, and his face lit up in a smile. He truly was very handsome.

"[F/N], you're here early," He replied, and you walked over to take the seat beside him.

"I could say the same about you," You laughed, and he did too. Seconds later, you remembered the main reason why you were hoping to see him this morning, and carefully took his folded jacket out of your arms.

"Thank you for giving me your jacket Connor," You told him, placing the jacket on his desk. "It was really kind of you to do that... especially since it was so cold..."

Connor looked at you for a long moment, before giving you a warm smile. You suddenly felt embarrassed under his gaze, and through your thoughts of him wrapping the jacket around you. Isn't that something couples did?

"I-I washed it, so it's definitely clean," You stuttered, "I mean, I didn't want to return it to you how it was so umm..." Connor then laughed. He took the jacket and awkwardly shoved it into his backpack.

"Thank you [F/N]. You didn't have to do all that. I'm just glad you're okay after what happened." He then gave you a worried look, before scooting closer to you. "Are you okay? You looked freezing."

"Don't worry, I'm fine," You replied, "It just... shocked me more than anything." Connor looked at you with a serious expression, then down at his hands that were clasped in his lap. He opened his mouth, then closed it again, seemingly bothered by something he wanted to say.

"What is it?"

"Well..." He started, then paused again, a flush spreading on his cheeks. "I know this will probably sound really strange... and you might think I'm some sort of creep..." He glanced at you, then away again, before blurting out, "I wanted to be the one to save you."

He then looked up at you. He must have seen your startled expression, because his cheeks tinged slightly red. "I-I mean, I'm glad Markus was there but... umm..." You couldn't help but giggle. You had never seen Connor get flustered before, and it felt strange to witness such a thing now. It was as if you were seeing something rare.

"God... I'm such an idiot," Connor muttered, brushing a hand through his dark hair. He stopped when you placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Thank you... I am really happy to hear that." You smiled, and he returned the expression. "You know, there's always a next time."

"I don't want you to get into any more dangerous situations." Connor laughed, "But if you ever find yourself in one... then next time, I'll be there."

"I trust that," You replied, and suddenly, you realized how close you were to Connor. With your seats facing each other like this, and your knees almost touching, and your heads barely apart... you were almost close enough to kiss him. Connor seemed to have the same thought, and he leaned forward, slowly closing his eyes.