Chapter 41: Sanam Mere Sanam

*unedited *

*Next Morning*

It was quite early in the morning and Nandini was fast asleep in her room. Out of a blue moon a voice came and disturbed Nandini's sleep. Lazily she stirred in her bed and opened her eyes adjusting to the brightness. She heard the unexpected sound and automatically her legs started to take her towards the source. She was not expecting to hear something like this. The sound was coming from the balcony. Upon reaching there , the scene which she witnessed was something neither she ever imagined nor was it ever expected.

Manik sat there on the swing, with a guitar in his hand and was tuning it. For anyone else it maybe very normal but for Nandini, it wasn't at all. The walls of this house have been deprived of music for years. They seemed to have forgotten what music is years ago. Now they were going to witness something magical.

Manik was aware of Nandini's presence but he refused to acknowledge it. Nandini stood at the door of the balcony right behind Manik. Nandini closed her eyes , allowing her thoughts to take her on a journey to oblivion. Her ears were filled with a melody. That melody which she could never forget. The song that she will never forget. In whispers she said, "Sanam mere sanam ". Just then Manik started singing in his soulful voice.

P. S. : Listen to the song in media box. If you don't know the translation of this song you won't be able to get Nandini's version of it 💓 the highlighted part between the lyrics is flashback that Nandini is thinking.

*Sanam Mere Sanam by Arjun Kanungo and Mithoon *

Tapte hue sehra mein
Mile aabshaar jaise
Mujhko toh hai iss jahaan mein
Mila tera pyaar aise

Sanam mere sanam
Ye tera karam
Bana rahe yunhi
Kabhi na ho ye kam

A stupefied Nandini though was standing and hearing Manik, actually was lost in a world of her own.

Amma can we please practice a new song today?

New song?

Yes amma please.

Hmm let me think.

Meri aankhon ko hamesha
Tere khwaabon ne nawaaza
Mere waaste raha tu
Mausam koi pyaara sa

Daur-e-khiza mein koi aaye
Banke bahaar jaise.
Mujhko toh hain is jahaan mein
Mila tera pyaar aise

Sanam mere sanam
Ye tera karam
Bana rahe yunhi
Kabhi na ho ye kam

Those beautiful memories with Manik's voice as background. Things couldn't go more nostalgic for Nandini.

Nandu what about this song?

Amma the song is nice but what does this song mean?

Teri qurbaton ne mujhko
Tanhai mein sambhaala
Tune baahon mein sameta
Tha main jab bikharne wala

ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें