Chapter 18: Trust

Very short chapter. This one was so poorly written that I had to take chunks out but I can't seem to add anymore. So it'll be small but my other chapters are long so it's fine.

Ara Aoki POV 

The first round should be finished soon. I hear a nearby bush rustle. I turn to it, is it another competitor. When I saw who it was a quite surprised. It was Magnus, what is he doing here. He also seemed surprised to see me.

His surprised expression soon turned into a smile.

There was kindness in his smile, a gentleness. It was the smile of one who laughed with ease and saw person under the behaviour, a soul-connector. 

He was the kind of person who lived how he believed people should, as if he were sunshine that only radiated from the best aspects of those he met, their flaws entirely invisible to his gaze. He was a calm sea, dancing birdsong and the new buds of spring. Yet, most of all, he was my friend.

Although he was a major flirt but I have to admit he's been at my side at some of the worst times.

He waves at me before frowning, looking at my back intensely.

"What happened for you to get roughed up. You alright?"

"I fell down a hole..." 

 "Why are you sounding like that's a question. If you were going to lie at least make it convincing. If your injured or in danger why didn't you crush the crystal."

"Well I wanted to make it too the next round. Plus it wasn't that hard tp defeat them. Don't worry about it" I see his frown deepen as I wave off the topic. An unusal serious expression adorns his handsome features.

"If your in trouble even a little you should be more careful. Plus we're here for you. You always act so desolate from us but when we need it the most your there for us. Like when I went on a rampage. If you weren't there I don't know what would have happened."

I could see him clench his fists tightly. I place my hand on top of his to calm him down.

He looks up at me with a softened expression,

"See, even know you worry about me over yourself. Please, even if it's a little place your trust in us, place your trust in me."

My lips quirk up,

"Thank you, I'll try to although it may take awhile."

He smiles like he's at ease, that big wide grin that makes him so handsome,

"OK, Darlin,' tell me if you need anything, and I mean it. Day or night. Never too busy for you." 

Now I know he's worried, I never tell him much about my life. I chuckle softly,

"It means a lot."

Before I knew it he swooped me up into a princess carry.

"Really."

I sigh, he turns to me grinning ear to ear.

"Yep really. Hold on tight we are about to get you outta here!"

-----------------------

The portal soon appears, we step through it, going out back into the stadium.

"You better put me down now."

"But sweetie, I don't wanna!"

Magnus begins whining like a child, I whack his head harshly causing him to groan in pain.

He finally gives up and puts me down.

"Well let's get some rest, the next round will be starting tomorrow. I'm a little tired, wanna tag along."

He nods trailing behind me. Before I left I needed to know the next course for the next round which begins tomorrow and I need to check if my friends made it. But there is not doubt in my mind they didn't.

Magnus looks over to me,

"I heard that it's going to be an obstacle course. But not just any ordinary one but one that is filled with many traps and magic arrays. The first 100 people who make it will proceed into the final round."

"Thanks for telling me."

"Let's go check on the others."

We ended up finding them chilling near the spokesman. Lily ran up to me. Hugging me tightly squealing in happiness. The other congratulated me.

"Thanks well done."

Well next round isn't going to be easy as I people think. Only time will tell.