- 7

author pov

11 october 2019, 12:55pm

the both of you sat in the car, it was rather quiet, but you could see jungkook secretly smiling to himself and glancing at you at times.

"what?" you asked after seeing him glance at you.

"nothing." he giggled.

the car came to stop at a traffic light, jungkook took the chance to sneakily move his hands towards you to hold your hand.

you blushed over the contact only to hear him let ut a small laugh.

"you're so cute my baby."he cooed,

he took your hand to the level of his lips and gave a smal peck on the back of your palms, and gently caressing it with his thumb.

he held your hand throughout the whole journey to the place he wanted to bring you to, which you could tell by now, was a restaurant.

the minute you stepped out of the car, you noticed it was the restaurant where the both of you first met, and the same restaurant where he asked you out.

old memories started pouring in,

from eating at the same restaurant on the same day, at the same time, just with your respective friends,

to him asking for your number,

which eventually led to whatever the both of you have now.

he held your hands firmly and led you to the same exact table the both of you were at on your first date.

"remember our first date?" he asked.

"obviously.... it was sooo awkward", you replied, both of you laughing as y'all reminisced.

"i honestly didn't even know why i agreed on going on this 'date' with you even though we only met like once or twice and never had a proper conversation, i'd thought you'd never call back." you continued, both of you giggling at your confession.

"it wasn't awkward for me though, i got to admire your face the whole night, was a win for me." he said with a wink, followed by laughters from the both of you once again.

when the both if you finally settled down, jungkook had a change if expression, and looked way more serious than before.

you figured from his eyes that he was probably still feeling guilty, which was proven right when he held both of your hands in his.

"i'm glad we resolved this, but that was only possible because you're understanding. i truly love you so much and i seriously regret even calling you clingy because the last thing i want is for you to leave me. i always get my stress get the best of me, and always unfortunately let them all out on you. and it's always because you're the kindest and the most understanding girlfriend that it took you this long to blow up and get mad at me. not to mention how it's also because i accidentally sent the wrong text. and i promise you baby, that was the first and the last time i'll ever talk negatively about you behind your back.

i know you get insecure at times too and i should've never talked about your insecurities, i don't often compliment you, but god, you're like the prettiest woman i've ever laid my eyes on and i wouldn't dare take my eyes off you, in case you run off to a better man. you deserve someone a thousand times better than i am, someone who will constantly show you love and affection which i'm too shy to show. i don't even know why it's like that with you but for some reason you make me feel like that and it's genuinely something i've never felt before. it's been two years but wow, everytime i see you i still feel goosebumps, i still feel the butterflies, maybe i've gotten to used to feeling it because i see you almost all the time and don't realise it, but everytime i see a different woman it's never the same.

in other words, you're the perfect fairytale ending for me, the one that i've been looking for my whole life. i want to make you feel like the prettiest woman on earth because you really are, and i'n definitely willing to change and treat you better than before. i'm sorry for every single thing that i've done to you that made you feel like crap, i really wouldn't know what i would do without you my dear princess," he says, breathless.

"i love you so much." he whispers.

your eyes flutter in shock from his speech. it felt so genuine and you could tell this was all he ever wanted.

"jungkook..." you whispered, not knowing what to say about his astonishing speech.

he let out a smile after seeing your shocked expression, then brought your hands to his lips to give them a peck, and resting them on your hands.

"that was beautiful." you widened your smile.

you would've never expected something like this to come out of him. you were so happy, looking at his twinkling eyes as they portrayed nothing but love. this was happiness, this was love, and this was everything you needed in your life.

"i love you so much too."

"thank you, for everything."he mumbled as his lips were still on the back of your hands.

"thank you too, for doing this for me." you said giggling.

"let's order shall we?"

he let go of your hands and took the menu. the both of you ordered and soon after the food came.

it was truly one of the best dates you could ever ask for, just the both of you, it was the best you've ever felt in awhile.

talking and laughing about the past, the both of you felt at ease with in presence of each others love, the day really couldn't have gotten any better.

—end—

a/n: helloooo, this short story that turned out longer than expected has come to an end! i hope y'all enjoyed it and since this is my first ever story, i would really appreciate it if you would leave comments on where you think i should improve on! please also vote comment and follow 🥰