0.2

TWO.
helping the hunter

🔹️🔹️🔹️

After last night's fight with Mando, I couldn't fall asleep. So, I instead started to plan out my project. I wasn't able to start building it yet, since I had lost the bin full of parts.. because of that stupid Mandalorian.

The sun started to rise as the wind blew through my tent's interior. I tied up my hair into a ponytail, observing the blue print of my project -- it was perfect.

I smiled, holding the print up in front of my face. I placed it back down on my desk, walking out of the tent with a sigh.

I began to stretch my arms as I yawned; the sun rising in the distance. Just then, I noticed a new blurrg had been placed inside a large area surrounded by a fence. I walked towards it, stepping over the wires to get to the blurrg.

It was pacing around as if it didn't want to be in there. It noticed me and began to slow itself down, but I could tell it was still panicking. I softly made my way over to it and tried to calm it down.

"Hey, hey, hey.." I whispered, placing my hand out in front of me. Its breathing gradually slowed down, and it eventually calmed down. "That's a good girl."

Just before I could pet it, its eyes widened, and it rushed away from me in a hurry. I turned around, looking for what had frightened it. I rolled my eyes as they landed on none other than..

"Mando," I muttered aloud, crossing my arms. He stepped over the fence's wires, walking towards me. "You're up early."

"I just want to get this over with." He sighed, stopping right in front of me. I looked up into his helmet and nodded in response. "What do I have to do first?"

"I don't know -- you tell me."

I shrugged, stepping back out of the fence. I crossed my arms and smirked. He growled, turning to face the blurrg that was ignoring him. He sighed once more and prepared himself to fall down.. a lot.

🔹️🔹️🔹️

"Oof!" Mando groaned as the blurrg pushed him off of its back angrily. He used all of his strength to sit back up.

"Maybe if you took your helmet off.."

"Maybe he remembers I tried to roast him." He snapped at me with a grunt.

"It's a female." I chuckled, shaking my head as I watched him stand back up. "The boys are all eaten up during mating."

He just stared at me before standing up and mounting the blurrg again. The blurrg was not pleased with him on its back. It ran around angrily, trying to get him off. Once again, Mando fell off of the blurrg but with a bit more force this time.

"I don't have time for this." He replied, walking over to me. "Do you have a landspeeder or speeder bike that I could hire?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," I raised up an eyebrow, standing in front of him as I blocked his way out of the fence. "You're not leaving until you can mount that blurrg, Mister."

"You--"

"You're a Mandalorian!" A voice called out from behind me. We both turned to look at the person who owned that voice -- it was Kuiil. "Your ancestors rode the great Mythosaur..! Surely you can ride this young foal."

I turned back around and smiled. I couldn't see his facial expression, but I could tell he was frustrated. Kuiil walked up to me and gave a pat on my back. I pursed my lips and kept my eyes on Mando.

"Easy.. easy. Now, alright.. settle down." He slowly walked in front of the blurrg as it tried to bite him, causing him to jump. "Whoa! Settle.. settle."

"He's a.. fast learner." I whispered over to Kuiil while I continued to keep my eyes on Mando. From the corner of my eye, I saw Kuiil nod with approval.

"Easy.." He muttered out, gently. The blurrg calmed down and seemed to have felt more comfortable around him now. Mando held out his hand as the creature placed its forehead against it. "Okay, that's good.. alright."

He mounted the blurrg again without failure this time. The blurrg began running around with Mando on its back. I scoffed at the sight, turning to look at Kuiil. Kuiil crossed his arms, narrowing his eyes down on Mando as he rode around on the blurrg.

"He's.. still suspicious, but I guess he's not so bad after all." I mumbled to myself. I walked over to where my blurrg was and mounted it. Kuiil followed me as I patted my blurrg's head. "I'll be back, Kuiil."

"I can go--"

"No, you stay here," I responded sternly. "Make sure none of those Jawas steal my things."

"You know where to go?"

"Of course," I winked. "I've been there before -- I'll help him find the encampment."

"Hmm.. alright," He nodded, handing me a blaster. "Be careful."

"Ready to go?" I asked, shifting my gaze onto Mando. He tugged on the blurrg's harness towards me as he nodded. I looked at Kuiil one last time before leaving, "Kuiil, it won't take long."

"I know," He sighed, opening up the fence. "Teach him to bring peace from all that destruction down there."

I nodded as my blurrg walked out of the fence. Afterwards, I helped Mando's blurrg get out of its fence by lifting up the wires. Mando stared at me and said, "Let's go."

🔹️🔹️🔹️

It took a bit longer to get to the encampment than I had expected it to be. But in the end, we still made it there. I turned to look at Mando and pointed a finger at the encampment.

"We're here," I announced as he turned to face me. "This is where you'll find what you're looking for."

He paused for a moment before saying, "Thank you."

"30%." I said, shrugging. I expected him to leave, but.. for some reason, he didn't urge his blurrg to move forward just yet. I tilted my head in confusion, "Are you.. not going?"

"I.." He cleared his voice, taking some credits and holding it out in front of him for me. "You deserve this."

".. I don't need it."

"Then why'd you guide me?"

I pursed my lips, "Because you'd help bring peace to this planet -- that's what Kuiil said."

"No," He sighed. "Why'd you help me?"

I looked into the distance while thinking to myself for a short moment. "I.. I guess it's because you're not like other hunters."

"Not like other hunters?"

".. It's complicated." I muttered out softly. "Anyways, good luck."

He nodded in response before heading over towards the encampment on his blurrg. I sighed, watching his figure disappear into the dust.

".. you'll need it."