Part 17

After sitting like that on the doorstep for a long time, arnav slowly got up and walked upto the cupboard...the only place which was lucky enough to hold her stuff back. He opened the cupboard and her dupatta flew in the air touching his face. It reminded him of the day in his office store room when khushi's dupatta flew and covered his face. He slowly removed it and looked at her clothes, her colourful clothes, those pompoms, her bag...arnav then raised his hand and touched them to feel her presence.

He touched her dupattaa and recalled how during payal's mehndi he had rolled it in his palm and pulled her near and kissed her. Subconsciously he tried rolling it again with a thought that it might just bring khushi close to him. As he rolled it for the last time and pulled it something fell on his feet. He looked at it and saw it was a diary. He opened the first page and saw khushi kumari gupta written on it in hindi. Arnav recalled he had seen her scribbling in this several times but he never really cared to find out what it was. But today when she wasn't around, this was the only thing arnav was interested in.

The first few pages had all about salman khan..how much she loved him, how she had planned to run away and get married to him then how she had cancelled the plan thinking that buaji and amma would scold her if she ran away. Arnav smiled through his tears at her innocence.

After a few pages, arnav saw his name written.

' Arnav Singh Raizada...jitna bara naam ussey bhi bara gurur.. aaj woh humey phir mila tha..humne unki mannat ki chaabi lautani chahi lekin itna gurur ki humse kaha fek do..koi aadmi aisa kaise ho sakta hai'(arnav singh raizada..his ego is bigger than his name.. I wanted to give him back that key but he asked me to throw it..how can someone be like that)

Arnav recalled their conversation.

Then he read...' Kal humey buaji ke sath dilli jana parega..hamesha hamesha ke liye is shaher ko chhor ke... aapne amma babuji ko chhor ke..aur yeh sab arnav singh raizada ki wajah se...'( I have to go to delhi..leaving this place..mom and dad forever..and all because of arnav singh raizada)

Arnav recalled how he had released the video footage. He wiped his mouth in frustration recalling how difficult he had made her life.

'Devi maaiya lagta hai aap humse khush nehi hai..varna dilli aatey hi hum us laad governor se nehi takratey ...hamarey scooter ka sheesha bhi tod diya... Humey kitna kuch sunaya...hamari madat kijiye devi maaiya taki hum unke pacchis hazar rupaye lauta sakey..ghamandi kahika'(I think you are not happy with me devi maaiya otherwise I wouldn't have banged into his car as soon as I came to delhi...he broke the mirror of my scooter..insulted me so much...help me God so that I can give back his money)

As arnav read through the lines he felt very close to khushi. He could feel everything she had felt at that moment.

'Hum bohot bohot khush hai devi maaiya humey naukri mil gayi..haan yeh alag hai ki hum gaye they kisi aur kaam ke liye aur mila kuch aur...par koi baat nehi kaam to kaam hota hai na... Aur hamarey sath to aisa hota reheta hai isiliye to buaji humey sankadevi keheti hai..(Thank God I got a job..yeah it is a different story all together that I had gone for something and got something else but no problem work is work..and all such mishaps keep happening with him..that's why buaji calls me sankadevi)

Arnav chuckled thinking how crazy she was.

Daftar ke log thodey ajeeb hai khas karke woh kya naam hai..haan lavanyaji...lagta hai aapne saarey kapde daan karke aayi hai.......humse bohot buri tarah se baat ki unhone...par koi baat nehi...hum sambhalenge..(The people in the office are strange specially lavanyaji...seems like she has donated all her clothes...misbehaves with me a lot..but no problem...I will handle)

Arnav smiled at the way she described lavanya, but felt bad for khushi at the same time thinking how everyone had misbehaved with her.

'Aj fir woh humey mila tha..pata nehi iss laad governor ke sath kya garbar hai..jab dekho gussey mein reheta hai.. Humne unse pata manga paise lautane ke liye..lekin unhone firse humse galat tarike se baat ki..hamara dupattaa bhi phar diya..lekin mazey ki baat to yeh hai ki aaj lagta hai hamara badla kisi aur ne liya tha unpe...tabhi to bin baadal barsaat mein bheeg ke aaye they'(I met him again today..don't know what is wrong with him...he is always in anger...I asked for his address to give back the money but he again misbehaved...tore my dupattaa..but the funniest part was it looked like someone had taken revenge on him on my behalf..that's why he was fully wet)

Arnav recalled their meeting at the parking lot. He was wet after the fire alarm was set on and water had sprinkled all over him in the office.

Arnav raised his eyebrow and thought..so she had a lot of fun seeing me like that.

' Aj jo hua woh kisi bhayankar sapne se kam nehi tha...hum jis daftar mein kaam kartey hai..us daftar ka malik aur koi nehi woh laad governor hai...aur yeh baat humey aj pata chali. Aapko pata hai devi maaiya unhone hamara hath chhor diya aur hum upar se neechey gir gaye...humey bohot chot bhi lagi...lekin ajeeb baat yeh hai ki yeh jantey huye ki hamarey samne arnav singh raizada hai humey ek pal ke liye aisa laga ki woh hamara hath nehi chhorenge..zameen pe girne ke baad hosh aaya aur dimag bhi sahi se chalne laga'( whatever happened today was worst than a nightmare..I discovered that my boss was none other than arnav singh raizada...and he had let me fall from the first floor today..I got hurt...strange thing was inspite of knowing arnav singh raizada was standing infront of me...I still expected him to save me...but I came back to senses after falling on the floor and my head started working).

Arnav shut his eyes in pain. He could see infront of his eyes that whole scene. He and khushi arguing...khushi about to fall from his cabin and he held her hand...they fought again and he left her hand..she was falling. But he wanted to save her. He extended his hand and shouted: khushiiiii!!!! He opened his eyes and realised that he was sitting on the recliner in his room with khushi's diary infront of him. Arnav covered his face and started to cry thinking how he had let her go, and he never knew that even on that day he had broken her trust trust that she had on him that he would not let her go.

Baatein kuch unkahee siजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें