Chapter 014 : Who Attacks Who

Tong Xuan ignored He Jin, He Jin also couldn’t participate in the girl’s gossip, so his mind slowly began to wander and think about his own problems.

He thought of his seemingly down-to-earth but boring college life these years. Not to mention a decent love, he did not even have friends he could talk about feelings with. He never played until late at night, nor went out and got drunk like others…

He envied Hou Dongyan and his love for playing games, envied Zhao Xibai and his girlfriend’s bickering, also envied the youthful blood of the tennis club members , Shang and Qin Yu…

Thinking of the imminent end of his own freedom, He Jin’s heart was filled with unwillingness and regret. Honestly, he still felt curious about the world outside, he wanted to take a break and explore it with his own eyes.

But he knew, that woman would never agree, and he had no courage to die by the hand of his own mother.

He Jin looked up at the vast blue sky in deep thought, as if he was looking at his future path which had been arranged for him, his expression dull and lifeless.

Inexplicably, He Jin’s mind turned back to Fire, thinking of the eight years Fire had spent waiting.

Although this occurred only in virtual world, it was also the only unusual thing that He Jin had experienced in his ordinary filled days these past few years.

Deep in the bottom of his heart, a small fire had already been lit, fluttering and impossible to be ignored. Its warmth invited him to explore this unreasonable affection feeling that had been brewing inside him. However, he was held back by his uneasiness over the truth of his gender which had yet to be brought to light.

“Cold?” Hearing Fire’s voice so close to him jerked He Jin’s back from his day dreaming. He looked up and found out the person talking to him was actually Qin Yu, whose gaze was fixed on him from under that dark hair of his. His stare somehow created a false illusion of affection in He Jin’s mind.

“Ah…?” He Jin tried to speak, but his voice trembled, causing his ears to turn bright red out of embarrassment.

Truthfully, Qin Yu was just looking casually at his way, and when he saw He Jin’s shrinking neck, he spontaneously asked that question to him.

He Jin quickly straightened himself, and tried again: “Well, a bit. When I went out this morning, I thought the weather looked good today, so I only wore light clothes. I didn’t expect it would be this cold at the lake.”

Qin Yu gently let out an “Ah” sound, and looked past He Jin’s head. Late autumn’s weather was still better than winter, but the sparkling water of this lake did give off a chilling vibe. Qin Yu didn’t really feel cold though. His proportional and healthy body somehow made him quite immune to it.

“You were thinking about something before.” Qin Yu still didn’t look at He Jin as he uttered this sentence faintly. The tone of his voice indicating that it was not a question, but a statement.

He Jin was surprised, and maybe because Qin Yu gave off the same aura as Fire, or because his mind was still distracted, but he actually blurted out: “Yes, thinking about what I’d do after graduating.”

Qin Yu: “You are still a junior, but already thinking about this?”

He Jin smiled: “Yeah, if you wait until you are a senior to think about this, then it might be too late. You still have to think whether to go to graduate school or go abroad. Time is needed to prepare for this decision. In fact, most of our school students already have clear goals when they entered university…”