Homemade (Part Three)

"Well, Blondie decided to show up. Look at that!"

Sophie whipped around to find Ro and Keefe there. Keefe was sprawled out across a swing, while Ro had decided to stand leaned against the side of the house, painting her nails ice blue to match her newly-dyed pigtails.
(Clearly Team Keefe heheh...)

Sophie often wondered if there was a theme to each new color she chose. But that wasn't important right now.

When Sophie took too long to figure out what to say, unable to meet Keefe's eyes for whatever reason, Ro rolled her eyes and said, "Is there a reason you've decided to drop in and interrupt my boy's sulking fest?"

Keefe — or, at least, Sophie assumed it was Keefe, since the speaker had Keefe's voice (and she was perfectly okay with just assuming so she wouldn't have to look at him) — laughed, and there were sounds like he'd sat up and was trying to pat Ro like adults do to clueless young children. "Ohhh Foster, don't listen to her. She's just mad because I've been using my spare time to add to the Glorious, Honorable Ballad of Bo and Ro!"

There were mutterings beginning with things like " 'honorable' my—" and Sophie had to choke back a laugh to avoid being strangled by a certain ogre princess before she said, "That's what you're calling it now?"

"Oh yes," Keefe informed her, his infamous smirk making an appearance that, for whatever reason, had Sophie letting out a sigh of relief.

"Whoa, Foster, are you worried about me?" Keefe asked, his smirk quirking a little wider to the point where it turned into a grin. "Well, don't be. I'm clearly Mr. Positive. We've been over this."

"Or mabye he's Mr. Ri—"

Before Ro could finish her sentence, Keefe elbowed her in the chest with a surprising extra amount of strength.

Sophie bit back her smile at whatever had just happened, and said, "Well, Mr. Positive or not, and I'm inclined to think not, because I'm the worst... I brought you a little something to make it up to you for not um..."

"...hanging around anymore and not giving him those cookies? Is that what you meant to say, Blondie? Because he's been pretty sulky about it. Won't let it go—"

"What'd you bring me?" Keefe asked, interrupting Ro and shooting her a look that clearly said Back off or die a fun death, orchestrated by me.

Oh! Right.

"I brought you these," Sophie said, slowly taking a sealed cookie tin from behind her back and handing it to him.

"Oooo, food," he said with a grin as he tore of the cookie tin's top. "What's—"

He stopped short, gaping down into the small box in his hands. Then he started laughing uncontrollably.

"What?" Sophie asked, trying not to let her smile look too confused.

"Nothing," he said, clutching his chest because he was laughing so hard. "Just... you made all my dreams come true."

"And who predicted she would? ME," Ro clarified from her spot against the wall.

"Why's that so funny?" Sophie asked, letting herself laugh lightly as well, since as everyone knows, laughter is contagious.

"It's not really," Keefe admitted when he finally calmed himself down. "I just never thought you'd make me E. L. Fudges."

"Well, the ones the humans make aren't that great to actually eat, so Edaline and I improved the recipe to taste better," Sophie explained in a voice more hesitant than usual. And she had no idea why. It wasn't like there was a reason to be nervous around Keefe. Keefe was... Keefe.