Chapter 26

Even when he had already arrived at the Cafeteria, the feeling of fear and remorse pulsed on Dipper.

He had somehow thought that it was his fault somehow that Orcerson had died. If he didn't made a deal with Bill then maybe the other boy would have been spared.

The knowledge that the dream demon might have had a hand in the trap that Orcerson made for him, made his stomach twist.

'All this time, he had been toying with us'

Anger surged in Dipper as the feelings of guilt towards Orcerson was temporarily pushed aside.

He tried to contact Bill throughout the lessons but the demon didn't respond at all.

Now after ordering his lunch along with Mabel, he sat down angrily at his sit.

Dipper promised to himself that once he finds that damned monster, his going to find a way to make the demon leave him and Mabel. Bill was more dangerous than anything the Academy could possible serve him.

"Dipper, you look pale. Are you sick?"

He looked beside him to see Mabel full of concern while grasping his hand.

His heart hurt to see that Mabel was pale too and her eyes were a little red.

'Curse you Bill'

Dipper decided then that he needed to be strong for his twin sister and forced a smile.

"I'm alright Mabel, just a little headache. Nothing to worry about"

Mabel being his life long companion since birth obviously didn't bought his lie but just forced herself to smile too.

Both of them were twins and will get through everything together.

"Gee the two of you need to lighten up, we won't let anything happen to you guys you know"

The twins both looked behind them at the same time to see Glenn with her arms crossed and a tired grin on her face.

Dipper felt so stupid to have forgotten about Glenn and her sudden disappearance and was about to ask her if she had somehow escape from Orcerson when

"Dipper, you already looked sick when I helped you back to your Dorm room yesterday. Maybe you should rest up today too"

He swallowed what he had to say and his eyes widen in disbelief.

'B-but...........It can't be.....'

Dipper full well knew that Glenn hasn't escorted him back to his room because she had suddenly disappeared.

And now she was saying that she has actually arrived at the Dormitory with him.

That could only mean that someone had changed Glenn's memory.

And who was better than Bill when it came to messing up people's mind.

"Thank you for helping out Dipper yesterday Glenn!"

Glenn just shrugged saying that it was her job as their senior but Mabel insisted that it was very kind of her.

"If it was possible it would be more preferable that we all stay in the Dorms until whoever murdered Orcerson is captured"

Claude appeared by their table and sat down with an exhausted look.

"Hah, I told you didn't I"

Claude gave Glenn a freezing look that made the other turned her face to avoid eye contact with the iceberg sited beside her.

"Um, isn't Orcerson that boy that was mean to Dipper?"

Their table went quite for a while and Dipper shivered in uneasiness.

"Maybe it's his karma or something. Either way, we weren't the one to butcher the brat, so what do we care?"

Glenn sneered before her eyes caught sight of Cuon walking toward their table.

Dipper saw her wave at the Raddish like creature, as Cuon approached them and left their trays. They thanked Cuon as usual and the Summon bowed at them in appreciation.

They ate their lunch as usual but it could be seen that there was a tense atmosphere on their table. But their table wasn't the only one who was tensed. The atmosphere in the whole cafeteria was thick enough to be cut by a knife.

The students were not shaken by the fact that one of their own died. But because the one who killed Orcerson was still roaming the Academy grounds and the Faculties still didn't have a clue as to what the creature was as well as how to defeat it.

By the time that the bell rang indicating the ending of lunch, Dipper still hadn't eaten 3/4 of his food.

He didn't have any appetite at all and what he just wanted to do right now was to confront Bill about all of this mess.

---------------

Dipper released a tried sigh as he collapsed on his bed.

Mabel watched him with concerned eyes and slowly walked over to him and sat on the side of his bed.

"Bro are you really alright? Does it have something to do with that bully that died or the scary person that killed him?"

She had hit the bullseye twice and Dipper grunted to not give out a definite response.

Mabel grabbed a nearby pillow and hugged it to her chest. She then buried her face on the soft thing and groaned.

"Dipper i'm scared, maybe that person will come after us too or our other classmates. It had already killed one of the Damnum students"

Mabel confessed while still burying her face on the pillow.

Dipper turned his head and looked at her with guilt.

He wants to tell her that Bill was the one to do it and comfort her that the demon wouldn't hurt them but he couldn't. Mabel would not understand why he agreed with the deal when he himself didn't know why he did!

Standing up to take a bath and changed into his pajamas, Dipper touched his twin's shoulder, making her look up on him.

"Don't worry sis, I promise you that we'll be safe. Along with our friends and classmates"

Mabel looked doubtful but she just nodded in the end. Even if Dipper's promise to her seemed impossible.

Looking at him right now to see his soft and confident eyes, Mabel knew that she could depend on her brother.

After all her brother had a way of making miracles come true.