Chapter 118

WARNING: I know that what I'm about to do to the story is completely incorrect with the MCU... but it's my story so I can do what I want 😝.

"OH MY GOD YESSSS!" Isla literally screams.

"Yay! Yay! Yay! Snow!" Theo giggles and jumps up and down.

"That sounds so fun!" Luke exclaims.

You and Bucky break out into smiles and laugh a little too.

"That sounds great." Bucky nods in agreement.

"We thought it sounded like just the break that we all need." Peggy sighs.

"Heck yes. Steve just gets over his serious injury and then Bucky gets hit with his own. I think we all need some time away," you say, feeling relieved and ready to relax already.

"Howard can have his cars pick us up whenever we are ready. He also had some of his team go out and pack all of your belongings from the old house, including Minty who he's been feeding all week as well, so you won't need to worry about clothes or anything precious like that either." Steve smiles excitedly but remains the calmest out of all of us. "He thinks that your guys new house will be ready within the week but said that we can stay there however long we need. Trust me, it's very fancy. I for one would like to stay for as long as possible."

You laugh at this. "I can already bet that I'm going to be the same."

              ~~~~

Even the car ride to Howard's lodge is luxurious. Once Bucky is discharged you all walk outside to find three sleek black cars with tinted windows driven by Howard's butler Jarvis, who you do recall hearing about at some point, and two other men, all dressed in smart suits. You and Bucky with the twins go with Jarvis so that Bucky has the room to sit comfortably in the back seat without having excited kids clamber all over him and give him some space to spread out a little. He can't really do much still besides just lay down without it hurting; even sitting up you can tell is uncomfortable for him. Peggy and Steve each go in the other cars with the rest of the children.

As you start driving up through the mountains to get there you can only imagine the excitement going on in the other cars. The scenery is truly beautiful, despite being the middle of winter there are clear skies but snow capped peaks up ahead, surrounded by grassy fields and craggy rocks. You and Bucky just get to sit back quietly and watch it go by though which is nice.

Just taking it all in is peaceful, rather than having the kids no doubt shouting and pointing at every single turn. You almost feel sorry for Peggy and Steve, but you wouldn't switch. You lean back against Bucky with your head on his shoulder and smile up at him, he looks down and gives you a thin lipped, relaxed smile back too and rubs your back. Blue sits in your lap after having just been fed and looks out the window with an awestruck look on his face while Lilly is fast asleep in her carrier.

"Not long to go now." Jarvis pipes up in a posh English accent after about an hour. "How are you enjoying the views? Nice isn't it?"

"Mhm." You nod in amazement, looking up to see him peeking a look at the two of you in the backseat to check on everyone.

"Mr Stark has a meal prepared for when you arrive as well. But I trust you'll get settled in in no time at all." He adds.

"I'm sure we will." You agree, a smile creeping up onto your lips.

"Although I should warn you, there are a few people he would like you to meet to start with."

"Oh." You frown. "Okay."

Who could he want you to meet?

"Trust me, I have a feeling that you're going to like them." Jarvis explains a little more.