Chapter Four - Remington | Ice Breakers

Chapter Four : Ice Breakers

Everyone got their suitcases and belongings before coming back together when Piper yelled that we needed to "settle shit."

Once everyone made a circle and quieted down, Piper spoke. "Frat douche is right," she said pointing towards the jock looking guy. "The only possible explanation to any of this is that it's the experiment itself...we have a month here before they come back to get us, and since the comms isn't running yet, we need to find a way to manage."

The guy she pointed at spoke gruffly. "My name's Kit, and before anyone does, don't call me Christopher," he said. "Also, who fucking made you commander of operations?"

She turned toward him and narrowed her eyes, he pushed back with an equal glare. Completely ignoring his question she turned back to the group. "That's actually the first smart thing I've heard you say today, Brains... people should introduce themselves." She cleared her throat, "My name is Piper, I'm a fourth year majoring in Geography and Human Sociology. If anyone has any better ideas," she glared at Kit "at running this place, let me know and I'll let you know how you're wrong."

I smiled.

No one went after but she looked around patiently, brows raised in question. I swallowed a breath before stepping forward, "I'm Remington" I waved awkwardly ."I'm a first year in Business Management and I skipped a couple grades so I'm actually only 17 but ladies, my age is the only small thing about me."

Snickers rounded the circle and I saw Harvey roll his eyes before stepping up. "So, I'm Harvey. I'm studying Culinary Science, I would kill to be a pastry chef and uhm-" Harvey stopped when Kit snickered across from him.

"Is there a problem?" Harvey asked him, his voice strained.

Kit just pressed his lips together and shook his head, he looked as arrogant as he sounded. The only word that bounced on my thoughts was, bully. He moved his tongue across his top teeth and stared down at Harvey. Harvey was tall, but Kit was taller and wider, yet he still wasn't intimidated. "Don't start something you won't be able to handle," Harvey sneered.

"Likewise, princess." He mocked.

A guy coughed to break the tension and moved in front of Harvey to cut the staring competition they were having. He had dirty blonde hair, and I remember him from stepping out of the boat first. "Yeah, name is Cortland," he frowned and looked down at the sand before looking up at the girl who mentioned the coms system. "I'm in pre-med, in my last year and hopefully get to be a surgeon if all goes to plan."

He nodded but didn't lose contact with the girl. I saw her shake her head slightly from a stupor before she spoke. "I'm Amara," a break. A very long break before Piper coughed and Amara awkwardly remembered her missing introduction. "Oh, I'm in Journalism...uhm, but I did summer courses on linguistics and translation...Yeah."

She sounded like she just ended a very bad class presentation. I liked this one.

A handful of other people familiarized themselves and everyone had different majors and career aspirations. It was fascinating to hear what a face was passionate about. It seemed like everyone had gone, the sun was beginning to set and Harvey was about to ask something before Piper interrupted him.

"You haven't introduced yourself," she looked behind the group to a person being shaded by the rest of the people in front of her. She had light golden hair and pale rose lips, she looked like a princess to be quite honest. I wasn't the only one that was taken aback by her presence, I heard Piper exhale beside me and she tilted her head to almost get a better view.

The girl took one step further but no more, so people had to part for the group to see her. She was looking down at the ground and her arms were crossed around her chest. She didn't look up when she spoke softly, "Uhm." I saw her briefly dig her nails into her arms before looking up and immediately latching on to Piper's gaze. She went silent for a moment. It felt like the entire island went silent for a moment.

But then she almost forcefully pushed her gaze back onto the sand. Her voice came out hoarse, like she hadn't used it in a long while, "m-my name is Diana. I study- I mean, I was studying Philosophy." A blush rose to her cheeks before she nodded and seemed to shut her eyes to the scrutiny.

Then Piper spoke and her shoulders sank in relief. Hmm, I've never seen a Disney princess that hated attention.

"Right," Piper pulled her watch back to everyone else and took a minute before she found her words. "The sun is almost setting, it's going to get cold really fast. So I say we go and find what we can in the bunks and cabins, we group off into where we're going to sleep and then tomorrow morning, we assign jobs. I don't care how we're going to fucking do it, but we are going to survive this place."

Vote

Vote

Fan

Comment

And

Follow

Lots of love,

Kitkat