5.2 - Balance - Lightweight

Niall's POV

We've been heavily making out ever since she finally opened up about her feelings for me. But once I start feeling like taking it to the next level I stop everything. Last time I tried anything, she froze and I felt like I upset her. I don't want that happening again.

'Something wrong?' She asks as she's hovering above me and playing with my hair.

'No, not really. I'm gonna go get something to drink from the kitchen. Do you need anything?' I ask, gently pushing her to the side and getting up.

'I need a lot of things. Starting with why you're acting weird.' She responds laying on her back, holding herself up on her elbows.

'I'm not acting weird!'

'Yeah, we'll see about that after a few pints of Guinness!'

'Do you want one?'

'Do you have any other kind of beer?'

I laugh, probably a bit harder than I should've. 'You're kidding, right? Oh... you're not... Sorry. No, there isn't. Just Guinness.'

'Fine I guess that will do.'

I get the pack and put it on the coffee table. I pull two out, giving one to Luce after opening it for her and then open one for myself. I lay back down on the sofa, pulling her back into a cuddle before I put the next movie on the list. She watches me carefully but doesn't ask anything.

After a while, I notice that I'm finishing my second bottle while she's still nursing her first.

'You don't like it?' I ask her.

'No, I do!'

'Doesn't look like it... it's barely half empty.'

'So? I like taking my time!'

'You don't have to drink if you don't want to.'

'It's fine Niall. I want to. Let it go.'

I was about to do as she wishes. But when I took the third one, the hint of a smirk on her face connected all of the dots. I gasp loudly pointing accusingly at her.

'You're trying to get me drunk! Why?'

'Because something is clearly wrong and you don't want to talk about it!'

'Nothing is wrong!'

'You can say it. It's okay! Am I a bad kisser? Did I do something wrong? Do you not like it when I run my hand through your hair? Or did I hurt you? I'm sorry about the little bite on your neck, I got carried away...'

'No...' I chuckle, 'It's not any of that. You didn't do anything wrong. If anything you did lots of things very right! I just... ugh this is embarrassing... I felt like taking it to the next level but I didn't want to rush you and make you uncomfortable.'

'Oh my god! If I hear that sentence one more time! I swear to god Niall! I appreciate how much you care about my comfort! I love you for it! But you don't have to tiptoe around me for every little thing! I'm getting sick of it! Did you consider maybe this time I'm ready? Maybe this time I want you to fuck me?'

'I'm sorry...' I mumble looking down. But when I feel her hand running through my hair, it makes me look up smiling. 'Does that mean you're ready now?'