Chapter 7

In the bookstore, an hour had past as book Evelynn and Akali browsed the many books and merchandise the location had to offer.

Soon both were settled in the anime section as Akali was desperately trying to reach for a book on the top shelf.

"C'mon, almost got it!" She whisper shouted.

Standing on her tippy toes, Akali waved her hand in an attempt to grab the large book.

Sighing and pushing up her purple sunglasses, Evelynn took the girl by surprise and lifted her up gently.

With a low cheer, she grabbed the strange book with glee.

Lowering Akali with a small thud, She clutched the book happily as she danced along the small row of merchandise.

Evelynn cleared her throat with a small smile.

Akali turned the book over, She’d picked out a textbook on how to properly draw manga.

Her eyes widened at the price.

“Fifty dollars?” Akali mumbled, flipping through the pages. It was quite large which made sense to her.

“I’ll pay for it, But next we’re going to a shop I want to go to.” 

A silent gasp escaped her lips.

“Y-You don’t have t-”

Evelynn cut her off quickly.

“I insist, Rogue~”

Sighing softly, A crimson blush dusted her pale cheeks while Evelynn stared her down with an almost a hint of amusement hidden in those amber orbs of hers.

“Thank you.” She mumbled, feet shuffling against the carpet as she could barely contain her embarrassment.

Evelynn carried her small stack of books.

"You read Shakespeare?" Akali questioned, noting the several novels in her hand.

Grinning, Evelynn lifted up her copy of Romeo and Juliet.

“I myself have good taste in books, Rogue.” She sat the book on the stack in her arm and then used her free hand to flick her nose.

She then sat the books down and grabbed Akali’s from her hand.

“I didn’t know you liked drawing though, That’s a bit of a surprise.”

Quickly nodding, She tapped her fingertips on the counter top as the woman in front of them began scanning the pile of books.

Evelynn leaned towards the redheads ear.

“In return for me paying, You should draw me something~”

“I’ll try.” Akali mumbled, Grabbing the bag filled with books.

Humming happily, The Diva eyed the indoor coffee shop connected to the bookstore. Gently tapping Akali’s shoulder to get her attention.

She’d turned around, Smoky blue eyes softening. “What is it?” She asked.

“Want anything to drink?” Evelynn thrust a finger towards the coffee shop which was barely crowded.

Akali began pulsing with pure excitement, Jumping up and quickly hugging the magenta haired before letting go and bolted for the stairs leading towards the small cafe.

Soon both were beside each other as Akali was still full of complete excitement.

The energy produced by this smaller girl had somehow put an ease to Eveylnn’s darkened heart.