༓☾ twenty four ☽༓

He looks at me shocked and then slowly he starts to smile as he turns back around fully, engulfing me in a hug which I wasn't expecting at all.

Is this him agreeing to me helping him?

"Oh Jungkook." He pats the back of me head gently and I truly don't know how I should react in this situation. He has never hugged me like this before and he has never sounded so soft and delicate either. I'm shocked by his affection.

I have always known he is a warm hearted person, just doesn't show it easily but now here he is showing me a different side for the first time.

So I decide to hug back, I want to do it anyway because being in his arms like this makes me feel warm. Even if he is a vampire and is naturally cold, he warms me up.

So I hug him back just as hard, giving him some of my warmth as well.

I snuggle my head into his shoulder since he is a little taller than I am but I don't mind at all. It makes me feel warm and protected. He makes me feel like home.

I wait for him to say what's wrong as I clutch onto him tighter, taking in this feeling of warmth. He holds onto me tighter as well as he tightens his arms around my waist. He lets out a sigh as he slowly backs away, looking at me with such soft eyes as he gives me a small smile.

"You didn't stutter." He says as he caresses my cheeks softly but I just look at him with confusion.

What does he mean I didn't stutter?

I always stutter, no matter what I have tried, I stutter.

"When you asked to help me, you didn't stutter. You said it with a steady voice. Every single word." I look at him with wide eyes as I try to recall how I said it but I just can't believe it. I can't believe that I didn't stutter.

But in an instance the memory flashes into my head and I hear myself say, "Let me help you Tae," with no stutter and just as he said, with a steady voice.

"N-no." I say as I let go of his hold and back away slightly, trying to process this all. There is no way I didn't stutter. I have always stuttered, and even the doctors had no hope in my stutter stopping anytime soon.

They told me I would just have to keep talking so that I become comfortable and the stutter will go but that never happened. They thought that if I relive the trauma and pull through it, I won't stutter but yet again that never happened.

Yet here I am with Taehyung, barely talking since he can read my mind, not really reliving any trauma, yet I talked without a single stutter.

I look back up to him to see that he is still smiling at me as unshed tears start to fill my eyes. Realization finally hits me and I let the tears roll down my face as I take in a deep breath.

It's all because of Taehyung.

I feel so comfortable with him. He has never once judged me for my stutter. He has never one asked me to talk when I didn't want to. He has never once made me feel as if I couldn't accomplish anything with my stutter. Rather he encouraged me and let me do as I please.

He let me be.

He let me go at my own pace and the comfort around him built to the point that when I'm with him the trauma slips my mind. All the bad things that have ever happened to me slip my mind. I have some peace of mind, with nothing but Taehyung consuming it in those moments with him. He makes me comfortable, warm, and protected.

"I ca-can't believe i-it." I whisper out as I wipe my tears and look up at Taehyung with a huge smile. The same smile I used to have before my parents were killed.