Chapter Eighteen - You're Doing Great Babe

Dinner was served almost immediately after their arrival and to Josie's distaste, the questions were all directed to her. She felt her nerves spike when Kol, Hope's uncle asked the first question. "So Josie, what are your intentions for Hope?" He asks before taking a sip of his champagne. 

"Kol" Davina says in disapproval. Josie just shakes her head and smiles. 

"I love Hope" She says. Hope's eyes fall on Josie when she says this. "I loved her before I even met her. When she imprinted on me we were able to speak to each other by drawing on our arms. She always made me feel better when I was sad. My intentions, well... They are nothing but pure. I just want her to be happy" Josie continues. When she finishes, she clears her throat and excuses herself. 

"What's wrong?" Hope whispers. Josie shrugs and goes to find the bathroom which doesn't take her long to find. She closes the door behind her and leans against the sink and looks in the mirror. 

"Shit" She whispers to herself. She can feel her anxiety getting worse. It had taken one question for her to almost have an anxiety attack. 

Hope who is worried about her girlfriend goes to the bathroom and knocks on the door softly. "Jo, are you okay?" Hope asks, her voice soft and full of love. Josie opens the door and when she sees Hope, tears form in her eyes. "What's wrong?" Hope asks, pulling her into a hug. 

"I'm not good with this stuff" Josie whispers into her neck. Hope closes the door behind her and locks it. Hope pulls away from the hug and looks in her eyes. 

"Hey it's okay, they love you. You're doing great babe" Hope says before leaning in to kiss her on the forehead. 

"Are you sure?" 

"Of course. My uncle Kol can be a bit intimidating but that's because I'm his only niece that is old enough to date" Hope says with a laugh. "But I think he likes you, I mean... who wouldn't?" Hope continues. "And the attention is on Lizzie now, she knows how to take over a spotlight"

"And thank god for that" Josie says with a smile. "I feel better now" 

"That's what I'm here for" Hope pecks her on the lips. "Are you ready to come back for the dinner? The chicken tastes really good. They compel the best chefs" 

*

When Josie returns to the table with Hope, no one says anything to her. In fact they all act like she never left. Lizzie leans over to Josie and smiles "These guys are great" She says, full of excitement. "The fact that they are all so close and will do everything to protect each other is inspiring" 

"I know" Hope says when she hears Lizzie speak. "This is why I love being apart of this family, despite the fact that everyone hates them. They will always put family first, no matter what. That's why Josie is safe with us because she is my soulmate which means she is my family" Hope says, she then looks at Josie who is looking at her with so much love. 

"Yes" Klaus says as he looks at his daughter. "Josie is part of the Mikaelson family now, therefore she is under our protection" He then lifts his drink up in the air with a toothless smile. "I'd like to make a toast to my daughter and her girlfriend Josie. When I learned that Hope had imprinted on someone, I was excited because I realized that she wouldn't have the Mikaelson bad luck like we had. She would have someone that will always be here for her and I thank Josie for that" 

"Why's this so serious?" Kol asks as he stands up. Klaus glares at him. "I like you Josie, I really do but this is all so dramatic"

"I agree" Josie says with a red face. She is embarrassed. "It's just that Hope and I are just teenagers"

"You're scaring them Nik" Rebekah says with a laugh. 

"My apologies" Klaus says. He then turns to Lizzie. "Now i hear that you have just transitioned into a vampire and I suppose you are here to learn from the best" He says with a smirk. 

*

When they get back from the dinner, Josie feels a lot better that she doesn't have a spotlight on her anymore. She had always been the one that stood in the shadows and when the spotlight came on her, she felt uncomfortable. She got changed into her pajamas and was ready to go to bed when she turned to Lizzie. "Thanks for coming tonight" She says with a soft smile. 

"Well, even though it originally wasn't for you... I'm glad you felt more comfortable because I was there with you" Lizzie says. "I'm so sorry for everything that has happened between us... I really want us to be sisters again"

"Lizzie I forgave you a long time ago" Josie replies. Lizzie's face brightens up when she says this. "And you will always be my sister before anything else. I love you" she finishes. Lizzie hugs her sister and suddenly she's crying. "Hey, what's wrong?" 

"With the whole imprint thing and me not telling you about it... I thought I had lost you forever. I thought that things could never return to the way that they were but I was wrong. We are slowly getting there" Lizzie explains. Josie pulls her sister into another hug to reassure her that she will always be there for her. When she found out what Lizzie had done weeks ago she wasn't sure she would ever forgive her either but right now she is grateful to have her sister. 

"Is it okay if I stay in Hope's room tonight? I really need to speak with her?" Josie asks. Lizzie laughs slightly and wipes her tears away. 

"yeah sure. I've been waiting for you to stay in her room so I could invite that new vampire Sebastian here " she says with a smirk. 

"Sebastian, you mean the new old vampire bad boy?" Josie asks with a laugh. "Good luck, I'll see you tomorrow then"