[14] You're Broken

L O V I N G
L A K Y N

I DON'T KNOW what is more pathetic. The fact that people videoed Eden and I arguing, or the fact that people actually find it amusing.

I do not by any means like the girl, but as weak as I feel for admitting this, a very minor tiny little speck of my cold selfish heart feels sympathetic. I just want everyone to get over it, already. It isn't humorous. It's the new girl with a see-through shirt and lettuce tainting her button-up. Like, seriously, grow up.

Hale told the team that if they see the video being shared around, do not comment or share it. Lakyn punched a guy for calling her a slut and Blaire, she hasn't put in an effort, but Hale, Lakyn and I have all been trying to stop the circulation.

We all may seem like a group of troubled adolescents with severe trauma (some more than others) and issues with being nice unless there is a double-sided reason, but we can be considerate when we want too, it's a rare case, but it happens.

As I walked through the halls of the school, I headed towards my locker, putting in my combination before grabbing out a textbook and notebook for my first lesson after homeroom, being Math—most people's least favorite subject, including myself—then closing my locker, slamming it shut causing it to echo throughout the hall.

My phone began to vibrate in my bag, signaling an incoming call. Assuming it was rather Blaire or Hale, I reached into my bag quickly, pulling it out, but when seeing the caller's information, I froze. 

"Franklin county rehab center" the title read in bold white letters.

Without a second thought, I swiped across answering the call before bringing my phone to my ear, leaning my back against my locker, thankfully that there were barely any other students in the corridor as it was relatively early still and most people sit out the front of the building before class begins.

"Mother?" I asked, my voice shaky as breathed into the phone.

I heard a shuffling behind the phone before someone cleared their phone, "Hi, my flower." she greeted, the sound of her voice making my body go into lockdown.

It has been so long since I have heard from her. Too long. 

That nickname, my flower. She has called me it ever since I can remember. It's ironic, how mom calls me flower, Lakyn calls me Violet and Hale calls me purple. But for mom, she named me Lila for the reason being it was simply her favorite flower and they symbolize purity and innocence, violet ones specifically portray spirituality.

She thought it fit, considering I was once so pure. Mother would always rave on about how pure I look with my pale skin, doe eyes and 'gorgeous' large smile, as she stated. She thought that giving me a name of which portrays innocence, that I'd actually remain innocent, unlike her.

"Mom. . ." I whispered, still shocked by her call, "I have missed you."

I could tell she was smiling beyond the phone, I knew her too well, "I've missed you so much, I promise I'll be home soon."

My eyes widened, "When?" I asked, my voice portraying extreme excitement.

"My doctor said that I should be fit to come home in time for your birthday."

I grinned ear to ear. April third. Just over a month from now.

"Will it be permanent this time?" I asked nervously, mainly because I always know that nothing with my mother is permanent, she is the pure definition of unreliable and temporary, but I still love her nonetheless.