Part 20

Kitchen,
Khushi: mamma... what's happening?
Garima: what? She asked with confusion...
Khushi: this meeting? I mean, what's going on?
Garima: oh, meeting? They are working on something from past 2 years, just the 3 of them and others don't even have any idea on it.
Well, that's really shocking for her to know that whatever they are meeting up for no one other than the 3 had clue... and she never got to know that even...
Garima: Khushi, where are you lost? Go to your room, I'll do the rest and be back with the snacks.
Khushi: arey, no mamma, it's almost done... get the serving plates from the shelf, will serve and give them.
With that, they served the stuff to eat and drink in a tray and Khushi left to give them.
She knocked on the door and after hearing her father "get in" she came and put the tray n the side table started going back.
Arnav: errmm... Khushi? He had no clue why he hesitated to call her...
Khushi turned "we have a meeting tomorrow with Mr. Mehra... "
Shashi smiled but didn't want to show the others in the room but Arnav saw and was confused... what's this smile for?
Khushi looked at her father who stopped smiling see her looking at him.
Khushi thought "Sunday? Meeting? Seriously?"
Khushi: Sorry?
Arnav: the final meeting before the show gets started so, be prepared, he sounded serious as he never hesitate to show his seriousness if it comes to work.
Khushi just nodded and left.
After she left they continued their meeting and came out after whole 3 hours. By that time it was already time for the dinner so Garima asked them to wait for the dinner and go and they agreed, Arnav was asked to inform at home about their plan of dinner which he did the very next second.
The dining table has six chairs, Shashi and Ashish took the side by side chairs to discuss and Arnav opposite to his father and Garima on the head chair next to Shashi, serving him. Khushi started getting all the dishes and served Arnav and Ashish as she knows them, well, she knows something if not everything.
Khushi thought on the chair opposite to Garima but Garima asked her to give company to Arnav to which Arnav hiccupped and Khushi handed him the water. He drank it and said thanks with a small voice not looking at her.
Shashi and Ashish know, about the way they behave with each other, they are not much in knowing the other more but they least know that Arnav want to know about her completely... and she too feels the same but not to impress him, but to irritate him with the things he hates the most...
They had the dinner peacefully and sat in the living area, waiting for the dessert to have...
Shashi: Khushi makes the best sweets...
Garima: I agree...
Ashish: I know, she makes Jelebi delicious but I can't have sweets much...
Arnav is quiet of all as he been that lucky to taste her cooking. He knows that she shares with others when she brings something from home but she never shared it with him.
Khushi came there with a tray and 5 bowls of Kheer in it; she served all and sat between her parents.
Ashish: you added sweetener in this?
Khushi: I know you have diabetes so also using sweetener is good for health. She said with a smile.
The four liked the kheer, but Arnav hates sweets apart from Kheer, he is not a diabetic patient but her mother had always took care of him regarding sweet when it comes to her kids, she never allowed them to have sweets much as her mother-in-law and her husband are of diabetic patients, so she never took a chance in case of her kids... which made Arnav to dislike sweets and Anjali after period started liking them.
Ashish: thanks for the dinner and dessert Khushi and bhabhi ji... that's really tasty...
Khushi: pleasure Sir, I'm glad that you liked it...
Ashish: Liked? No, no... I loved it... hai na Cho... Arnav?
Arnav just nodded but didn't say anything... Khushi thought "why the lord Arnav Singh Raizada praise someone?" she had been working under him from couple of weeks and never got appreciation from him, even when she is doing something which is not her work... she sighed and also she don't want to expect anything from him...
Shashi and Ashish were talking and Garima gave company to Arnav, she felt that the eyes of Arnav are of known person but couldn't remember who?
Khushi stayed quiet till the time Ashish stood up to leave...
Ashish: this was a pleasant evening, thank you!
Shashi: thank you is not allowed... still, welcome... both laughed making other smile...
They took their leave and left to their place and Khushi asked her parents to stay back and they agreed and she told them about how this Sunday is going to fun...
Shashi: I think you are forgetting something... you are having meeting with Mr. Mehra tomorrow... within seconds her expressions changed and left huffing her breathing to control her anger towards the new boss who is hell bent on making her happy peaceful life, boring with the meetings and assisting him... she hadn't seen anyone this boring in her life till date... she just prayed to the God, whoever comes in his life as a wife, please save her from his mood swings, boring nature, tantrums and mainly his ego and anger... and not to forget his arrogance... she hates whosoever shows arrogance to her...
Well, it was/is/willbe always Arnav-Khushi who bind in a relationship which is the most sacred in the world called Marriage... though, whatever be the reality but always ends up with each other...
Shantivan,
Arnav changed into his night dress and was about to lay on bed but heard knock at the door, when opened he saw his mother smiling at him... he dragged her in and making her sit on the bed, he laid his head on her lap while she started stroking his hair...
Aisha: how was your day?
Arnav: good mamma...
Aisha: you seem happy these days... what's going on in your life...?
Arnav closed his eyes with a smile and Khushi appeared making him open his eyes with a shock...
Aisha leaned a bit on his ear and whispered: any girl who you are interested in? she asked to tease him but never knew that he would actually answering this question to anyone... and that too in this dreamy way...
Arnav: Khushi... even he answered the same way as his mother asked with closed eyes...
Aisha was really surprised... not shocked though... her son, who always been maintaining some distance from girls, is interested in a girl that too soon after coming India... that's a news... to say.
Aisha: Khushi? Nice name... Arnav looked up at his mother with widen eyes; "come on now, say about her, I want to know who that lucky girl who caught my son's attention..."
He got up from her lap and looked the other side: nothing mamma...
Aisha: what happen? She asked with so much concern... and who can be a better person than mom in sharing the heart and mind argument???
He looked at her and then again laid down his head on her lap looking at nothing in particular.
Arnav: she hates me...
Aisha: what? She hates you? Why?
Arnav: from the time we met I mostly been anything but polite and nice with her... I never gave any chance to her where she can have positive opinion about me...
Aisha: seriously chote... what should I do with you? You are talking to a girl you like and saying that you never been polite with her...
He looking up at her: you know right, that I never came across a girl, seeing whom I can feel something but when it happened I just ignored that feeling and behaved professional with her and you know how I be at office...
Aisha had no words to say, suggest, scold, advice, anything... to her son...
Aisha: you know what? Your sis and dad say it right... you are such a waste in terms of handling a girl...
You liked a girl for the first and you... he interrupted her...
Arnav: she loves someone...
Aisha: did she say that to you?
Arnav looked down: no but I have seen her with him in most of the office hours... I mean, they be together most of the time and close to each other...
Aisha: just by seeing her close to someone guy in your office, and you assumed that she is in a relationship with him...
Arnav looked at her not getting what exactly she means...
Aisha: they might be good friends and because they are working together, they spent time with each other...
Right... he never thought this way... he joined office 2 weeks back and she is been here from 6 months, may be they are just friends... he should definitely look into this...
Arnav: hmm... he said looking at the pool...
Aisha: the girl is from office, which means, I can know her and the guys who you think as her BF.
Arnav thought for a sec should he tell her or not but thinking as she is his mother and the best adviser, he gave in...
Arnav: her name is Khushi, works as designer but now she is my temporary assistant, and his name is Aman Mathur...
Aisha: Aman and Khushi? Really chote?
Arnav nodded his head not looking at her... but hearing her laugh he got up and sat beside her...
Aisha: oh my chote! They are really good friends and also close to your dad, I mean he likes them both as he does you and Anjali, he adores them, and yeah I never got to see Khushi personally but I have seen Aman... and he is really a charmer when it comes to organizing the events and behaviour... he is a gem truly,
Arnav glared at her for praising Aman in front of him that too after knowing that he thinks that Aman and Khushi are in a relation...
Aisha: stop glaring at me... and for your kind information... and relief... he is married and loves his wife a lot...
Arnav just felt like he is the happiest man at that time... hearing that Aman is married and the girl he is interested in, is available...