Chapter Fifteen

~*~

~*~

"You gonna start avoiding me again?" She asks after a comfortable silence had overcome the two of them as they sat in the cargo hold. She's trying to focus on helping with the wound on his right shoulder, instead of being too aware that they're close enough she can hear his soft breathing once in a while, and sometimes, she wonders how he's able to breathe just fine since he wears it all the time. The armor must be so heavy to walk in ... does he not get tired?

"Why would I do that?" He hisses in pain when she pours alcohol into a cloth, and places it on his shoulder.

"You did last time I called you that," she reminds him.

"Can you blame me?" He asks sharply, "No one is supposed to know that name."

"Why's that?"

"Just part of the code," he says.

She's starting to think she'll never understand the Mandalorian code, or the Way. Maybe if she'd been raised the same as him, she'd understand it better but...

"I really am sorry I keep doing that," she sighs as she takes a seat beside him. "Is he a Mandalorian too, that friend of yours?"

He lets out a shaky breath. She glances over at him with a small frown. Doesn't want to talk about it, she realizes.

"This really is familiar," she quickly changes the subject, nodding to the wound on his shoulder. He stretches his arm after having it in a same position for a while.

"It is ... kind of like when we first met," he agrees, and nods at her when she finishes patching his shoulder up. "thank you."

"You're welcome," she smiles faintly. "by the way, the first time we met was when you were having trouble with the blurrgs, and you refused my help."

"I was hoping you forgot that," he admits.

"Nope," she teases. "I'll never let you forget that."

"Thanks," he says dryly. "I knew I can count on you."

"No problem, partner," she smiles, and starts to get up to leave the cargo hold, but stops in her tracks when Mando gently grabs her hand. She raises her brows at him, "what's the matter?"