15.5

Pharoah

Here I was, pushing through the crowd of the randoms at my school during lunch. I haven't been here in a few days but now I'm back with a cast on my finger and a curious Jordan. "I just don't get it, you was perfectly fine when I last seen yo ass— Ny walking round like she scared of everything and you look like a fucking ghost— with a broken finger... you finger banged omani? She look like her shit boney enough to do that" his constant rambling did get a small chuckle out of me. Even though my mind was focusing on many things at the moment; did Layshon make it out on time, where I Dayquellz and lastly—did I really break dad?.  People are human, I get that. People also can get their feelings hurt— my dad wasn't like my pa he never showed much emotion besides happiness and him being proud. When he was disappointed he just sighed and we kind of seen it in his eyes, but he always insisted he wasn't. But the look I saw in his eyes last night remained different, it's like he was no longer looking at me. Due to Nassiah's eyes and his outburst at me— I figured that I must've said something bad.

   "No— I actual- I haven't seen Omani have you?"  I asked and he gave me a look of disgust and motioned over to her friends who left a spot for Omani- but no Omani.

  "Rumor has it you got her pregnant, but fuck you look like with a kid" he spoke as he ate his cheeseburger.

   "Oh shit" I spoke softly, she did talk about her parents divorce and then I ghosted her. Maybe my issues were slightly more important to me, but to her she is still going through something traumatic. Something that was going to change her life drastically.

To Omani :
  - baby wya?
I sent the text message letting my eyes scan the lunch room until Gretchen ugly ass gave me a scowl. 

  "How's the team?" I asked Jordan who let out a snort.

  "Pathetic, PA-fucking-THETIC" he yelled slamming his cheeseburger down making a few people including the few people on the basketball team who were sitting at the end of the table look at him. "I don't like them niggas, you my homie we been playing ball sense ever! And now you expect me to believe that your dumb ass broke yo fucking finger! NA NA NA it just feels wrong" he said his face forming into a child like pout.

  "I'm sorry, I ain't- I didn't, I'm sorry" I spoke sighing slightly as my fingers tapped the table.

  "Aye don't worry bout it, you seem off your sure you good?" He asked but I knew I couldn't look back up at him, shit I could barely even hold a breathe in- everything was to much and my brain was racing with negative thoughts.

  "I-I'm fine, imma just I'll be back" I said rushing out of the lunch room, I turned the first corner and then went up the stairs until I reached the second floor bathroom- practically throwing myself into the big stall I let out shaking breaths pulling out my phone. "Pick up,pick up" I whispered to my self as I held the phone to my ear.

  "Y-yooOooo?" Quelly voice with a bunch of other ones in the background trying to come through the phone. "Aye mane, ack da FUCK up" he yelled making me pull the phone away from my ears.

  "Q-quelly?" I asked softly and got nothing "quelly?"

"What king mane shit, fuck you want Bra" he spoke fast and slow at the same time speeding himself up then slowing himself down at weird times.

  "You been drinking Q?"

"Nigga it's fucking da morning, Na fuck you want?" He questioned harshly making me go quiet, maybe I could just suck it up- he did seem busy. "Fuck mane! King I'm finna hang up dis fucking phone!"

  "C-can you come get me?" I asked sniffling a bit trying to hold my emotions back, although the thought of my parents killing Layshon dead kept coming up. Not to mention Quelly might hate me, he hasn't ever answered the phone like that.