2. We meet again

𝓦𝓮 𝓶𝓮𝓮𝓽 𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷

𝓦𝓮 𝓶𝓮𝓮𝓽 𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

One of the most hated part of my daily life is the dinner table. I always stuff the food in my mouth as fast as possible and get out of there.

I had my friends telling me that their dinner table is fun. All their family would gather together and talk about the things happened in their day and interact a lot with their siblings. Some of my friends have their fathers working away from town so it's really fun when they get to see them.

But for me

The only people at dinner table is me and my mother. I don't have any father to wait for, because my mother and my father parted ways a long time ago. I only remember bits and pieces about my father. But my memories with him are the fondest. It gives me joy to think about him. I sometimes wonder if my life would have been any different if I lived with him instead of getting stuck with my mother.

"How was school?"

I eyed my mother suspiciously as she served rice on my plate. Why was she asking about my school? She never does that.

"Good"

"Good?"

Oh mother, what do you want me to tell? That I hate my school? That I got slapped for wearing stockings? That I missed a chance of going out with a boy that sparked my interest?

"Yes"

"Mr. Choi called"

I choked on the rice. My mother passed me the glass of water. I gulped down half of the glass before she spoke again.

"I thought I raised you better than that. Going against the school dress code? Where did you even get the money to buy those kind of things?"

Her voice was so calm. Like the silence before storm.

"It's not against my school dress code. Am I even not allowed to wear stockings to school? Mom I'm sixteen!"

My mother shot her eyes at me. She stared at me before going back to eating.

"We will discuss after dinner. Eat now"

"No!" I pushed my plate away.

"No?"

"No, I don't want to discuss about this. It's barely a serious topic that needs discussion. Please mom, don't exaggerate a pair of stockings. I tore them off and I won't be wearing them anymore!"

"Just because they aren't against your school rules doesn't mean you can wear inappropriate things like those," she pushed my plate towards me.

"How are stockings inappropriate?" I bent forward placing hands on the table. Eyebrows creased and lips curved in disgust.