17. Angel

The next few days flew by quickly

The next few days flew by quickly. I darted downstairs after Sam texted me that I had a surprise on the kitchen table. I couldn't help but wonder what surprise I would have? Did someone get me something? Maybe Chris? I skipped down the stairwell and met Sam in the kitchen. My eyes automatically lit up at the insanely large bouquet on the table.

"These are probably the most beautiful flowers I've seen," Sam spoke, smelling the bouquet of roses wrapped in black and white paper with a bow on the end. "Like who sends someone one hundred roses? That's the sweetest thing ever. Please marry Chris."

I smiled as I took a whiff of the fully bloomed flowers. My heart melted as I felt every butterfly find its way to my heart.

"Read the card! What did he say?" Sam jumped with energy.

I snatched the card from the side of the paper and read the cursive handwriting: "Angel." My mouth dropped slowly before biting down on my lip.

Chris didn't send those flowers. Only one person calls me Angel, and that's Joey. Why would he send me one hundred roses? I closed my eyes as a big smile formed on my face.

Cameron spoke, "He calls you, Angel?"

I shrugged, hoping they'd let it go, and they did.

Dylan laughed. "I sent a girl flowers a long time ago, and people picked on me for it."

I replied. "Why? It's like the sweetest thing ever. You could probably get any girl you want after sending flowers."

As soon as I said that, Joey walked back into the house fully clothed. He threw his keys on the stand by the door and walked to the crowd. "Someone got flowers?" He asked, knowing damn well it was his doing.

Sam immediately cut in. "Chris sent her flowers and called her 'Angel.' How cute?"

Joey grinned. "Angel? Nice."

I nervously glanced at the card with a big smile. I couldn't deny the way I felt seeing the flowers and knowing Joey sent them. I felt a way I shouldn't have. Everyone engaged in side conversations while I texted Joey.

Me: The flowers are so beautiful, Joey. Thank you.

I put my phone face down on the table and shot a faint smile at him. He giggled at my text but didn't reply. Part of me wished everything was different and Joey wasn't. . . Joey. Either way, it sucks not being able to go after something you want. Or something you want to try.

But then again, I know Joey would just break my heart anyway.

Cameron glared at his girlfriend. "Babe, what's the plan today?"

Joey spoke, "It's about to rain and storm badly."

Dylan threw his body on the love seat. "Guess we're stuck in the fucking house then."