024. monza

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICHIE," Beverly says excitedly when she enters the room, not deterred by the fact that he hasn't yet risen from his covers; his face glows from the light of the cell phone in his hands. He turns to her tiredly, smiling and giving a small wave.

"Rise and shine, princess," She crosses her arms and leans against the doorway to his bedroom, "Stanny made you pancakes."

Richie's face brightens with excitement. "Oh, little ol' me? What's the occasion?" He asks as he pushes the covers off of himself. He's only wearing blue boxers and a t-shirt, but he's comfy enough around Bev and Stan to know that they won't be weird about it.

Despite all the bickering and the teasing, they all genuinely love and trust each other, and they know how far is too far. Stan steers clear of making fun of their sexualities, Bev and Richie stay away from teasing Stan for his religion, and the two boys don't make Bev feel any different because she's a girl.

"I heard it's, like, someone's birthday or something," Bev says teasingly, pretending to think about it as she taps her chin, "Can't remember his name..."

Richie laughs and follows her out of the door. "Uh, Ricardo, was it?" He asks, and she shakes her head.

"I think it was Bitchard," She settles on, a grin fighting its way to her mouth. He laughs suddenly and moves his gaze to the carpet, entering the kitchen.

"Isn't that a bird?" Richie asks, mostly to Stan, who looks up curiously. Richie tries to fight away a grin.

Stan plates two pancakes and slides them across the table with a container filled halfway with syrup. "Is what a bird?" He asks genuinely, and Bev laughs a little, disguising it as a cough.

"Bitchard? Isn't that a bird?" Richie asks, feigning ignorance, and Stan lets out a deep groan and shakes his head. "It's like, a turkey. A bitchard!"

"Richard, you're infuriating," Stan mumbles, burying his face in his hands for a moment in exasperation. "A buzzard! You're talking about a buzzard!"

A moment of quiet passes where Stan stares at Richie, practically daring him to continue, and Richie just stares back blankly.

"That's what I just said," Richie responds finally, and Stan rolls his eyes and steps away to plate more pancakes. Beverly laughs a little and joins Richie at the island, pushing herself up on one of the barstools.

Richie looks down at his phone and pouts, and Beverly raises an eyebrow at him when he looks back up at her.

"He hasn't said happy birthday! Do you think he forgot?" Richie says, and then, without pausing for a reply, "He definitely forgot. He doesn't even remember. Why would he? It's just—!" His phone chimes and he quickly turns to look down at it. "He tagged me in a post!"

Beverly laughs a little despite herself, wiggling her eyebrows. "Oh, it must be love."

"Be still my gay ass heart, right?" Richie responds jokingly, not breaking his stare from his phone.

Liked by trashm0uth and 9024 others

eddiekaspbrak happy birthday richie !!!!!!! i drew this picture of u a couple weeks ago and then i wanted to color it but then i started coloring it and i didn't finish until five minutes ago so forgive me for not being the first person to say happy birthday !!!!!! i love u so so much even if u r stupid and a littl bit weird . it's less than two weeks until we meet and i can't wait to h*ld ur h*nd !!!!!! ur so pretty and amazing and i love u so much!!!

View 3796 more comments

trashm0uth oh my god ANGEL!!!!!!!!! i love you so much it's so pretty 👉👈 ur really my bestest friend in the whole world
stanuris :0
eddiekaspbrak hsksjs i love u!!
bevzmarsh stanuris just give it a minute and then he won't be his bestest friend ;;)
eddiekaspbrak that's awful threatening bev
bevzmarsh <3

edstozier ur such a cute couple 😭😭
edstozier wait a moment are they a couple????
eddiekaspbrak no not yet
edstozier YET?????
eddiekaspbrak ;)

INCOMING CALL
EDS

ACCEPT or DECLINE

connecting...

connected!

"RICHIE!" Eddie says excitedly when Richie picks up the call, the glasses adorning boy still seated at the island. Now the plate of pancakes is empty, except for crumbs and a pool of syrup.

"Happy birthday! I hope you have the bestest day ever!" His voice is high and cute through the speaker, and Richie bites his lip to hold in a giggle.

Beverly and Stan both are smirking at him. "Bestest isn't a word," Stan says after a beat of silence, and Eddie's facial expression goes confused.

"Was that Stan?" He asks, and Richie laughs a little and nods his head. When Eddie sees the nonverbal response, he calls out, "Hi Stan! Is Bev - Is Bev there too?"

Richie turns the camera to face the redhead, who pushes some of her red hair out of her face and waves cutely.

"Hi Eddie," Beverly says; her voice is so elegant and gentle that Eddie feels a bit shocked every time he hears it.

He's also a bit shocked at Stan's voice, which he'd only heard for the first time just now. He was expecting a male Siri, truthfully.

"So, Eds-baby, whats up with the unprompted call?" Richie asks, moving the phone to face himself again. Beverly's eyebrows raise at the nickname, but he's not looking at her, so he isn't bothered.

Eddie turns red and looks down for a minute, a fond smile on his lips. "I just wanted to call you on your birthday," He shrugs. "Unless you're too busy for me? Got any reservations at, like, Rich Celebrity Diner or. Whatever," Eddie says awkwardly, and Richie's nose scrunches at the cuteness.

"Never too busy for you, my love," Richie responds, careful to include the joking tone in his voice. Still, he steers away from it. "Only twelve days, Eds," He says excitedly.

In the months of friendship between them, they'd only grown closer. They shared stupid secrets and childhood stories, and they knew the most useless information about each other.

Still, there was something that distance never told. Did Eddie smell like strawberry shampoo? Were his hands soft? Would he lean his head on Richie's shoulder while he scrolled through his phone?

Richie couldn't wait to have these minuscule questions answered. He knew Eddie, deeply knew him, but the little things that Mike and Bill knew were completely hidden from him.

Less than two weeks until he'd get to unlock the secrets that made up Eddie. Real life Eddie Kaspbrak.

"Ah, shit, my battery is dying," Eddie says suddenly, wrinkling his nose in a way that he does when he's annoyed.

Sometimes he does it due to a dumb joke Richie makes, and it makes the latter's heard beat a little bit harder.

"That's okay, Eds baby! The Scooby Squad here is going skating! Can't wait to see Stanny fall on his ass," Richie says easily, looking up to wink at Stan.

Eddie's eyes sparkle a little. "Ooh, send pics!" He says before his battery dies the entire way, enough to power off his cell. The call disconnects.