Chapter 14 - Caught Out

Niccolo's POV

I parked the SUV along the sidewalk then helped Sierra with getting her Gran back up to the apartment. Today, Sierra showed a side to her that was out of her control. Honestly, I could feel my chest tightening hearing her sobs vibrating through me while I held her. Part of me wanted nothing more than to take away all the pain, never letting her go from my arms and that fucking scared me. I refuse to go down the same path as I did 3 years ago. I fucking refuse. No matter who I need to push away or what I need to do.

Sierra unlocked their front door while Abuelita held onto me for support. I felt her pull on my arm slightly causing me to look down at her. She motioned with her finger for me to come in closer, which I obliged. She moved her face away from Sierra's body in front of us and towards my ear.

"Please, querido (darling), don't forget what we spoke about today. Please be patient with her. And please remember that things are not always what they seem to be. Trust this." She pointed at the section of my chest above my heart.

I smiled at her, giving a short nod before squeezing her hand in reply. She then let go of me to walk into the apartment, leaving Sierra and myself at the doorway.

"Mija?" She spoke confidently. Sierra turned to face her. "I'm really tired and am going to take a nap." She started slowly making her way towards her room before stopping and turning slightly.

"Oh, and I am going to be wearing my earplugs too." She shot Sierra and me a wink before heading down the corridor.

I couldn't help the chuckle that came from me. Sierra's cheeks looked flushed as she cursed underneath her breathe while shaking and falling her head into the palm of her hand. Just then, the door from the apartment next door opened revealing her neighbor who was exiting. He spotted us and raised a brow while eyeing Sierra out.

"Good afternoon, Sierra." Sierra raised her head to meet his eyes, giving him a small smile.

"Good afternoon, Benji." Sierra straightened herself to greet him properly. Benji then turned to me.

"Good afternoon, mysterious porn-selling stranger Sierra secretly fucke-"

"Okay! Goodbye, Benji!" Sierra cut him off, her attempt too late at concealing his intended speech.

Benji cackled while locking his door then giving us a salute motion of his hand before heading down the stairs.

"For fuck's sake..." Sierra stood with her back and head resting on the doorframe, her eyes closed as she groaned in frustration.

I took a step across the doorframe, dipping my head to the side as my lips connected with her exposed neck. I felt her body jerk in surprise before it relaxed into me, goosebumps forming along her arms underneath my touch. I fucking loved seeing the reaction that I could always bring forth from her.

Her hands went straight to my hair where she grabbed onto the strands and pulled my head back enough for her to claim my lips, her tongue immediately swiping across my bottom lip. I've never been with a woman like her. One that is not afraid to tell me exactly what she wants. Actually, she doesn't tell me, she fucking takes it. And that abrasively domineering maverick that is her does wild things to me. I've never been so turned on in all my life. One thing I will say is no other woman could ever compare to her.

I press my body against hers, my hands finding her ass and grabbing it tightly. A moan escapes her, reverberating within our mouths, and it makes me realize where this is headed. As much as I would love for that to happen, I cannot do this with her Gran in the other room. Even if she did give us her blessing to do so. I internally chuckle at the kind of character her grandmother is. I never knew any of mine and, honestly, I felt at a loss now after meeting Abuelita.