Chapter 46

Kora

Kora

"Kora, kora."

I moaned as I turned to the other side of my bed, reaching for my pillow and throwing it over my ears. My head was literally banging, and I had no intention whatsoever of getting up from it.

It had been two days, two days since Jeremiah's outburst during one of my lectures, two days since I had locked myself up in my room. Locking myself up in my room for days happened to be something I was getting really good at. It was my escape route to not facing whatever it was that was happening outside my room. Not that anyone even cared.

No one in NAUN had said a word about what had happened between me and Jeremiah since it happened. I doubt they could even remember it, but I did, and if I did, it meant he did too.

I turned Grace's phone over again. I had his number on the dial screen for two hours, and I was still thinking within myself, if I should just go ahead and call him, to try and explain to him again, make him understand what happened. What really happened.

To try to make him see that I wasn't taking advantage of him, because I wasn't. The whole school noticed. It was all over every group chat, and even on the school's website comment section. Everyone knew Jeremiah had been absent in school for two days, since what happened had happened, but the funny thing was, no one ever talked about me. They just talked about him. That was how life was, when no one literally cared about you.

I groaned to show my frustration. The back and forth was killing me, the voices in my head. I hated myself, and I wanted to hate myself even more at that moment, but I just didn't know how to hate myself more than I already did.

I was obsessed with looking into Grace's phone's screen to see if he had texted back. I had left him exactly a hundred and two messages since what happened, but he hadn't even bothered to read them. There were absolutely no blue ticks on his message app, and before you ask me how I was able to get his number, even though my phone was broken, blind and literally lying down lifeless behind me, I'd just say that I memorized it.

Yes I did.

And it wasn't because I had some kind of feelings for him, it was just because I crammed a lot of numbers. I literally knew everyone's number on my phone off heart. Don't worry, it's not anything to be proud of, because I only had six people saved on my contact list. There was my Mum, Luke, Jeremiah , Nanny Obianuju, Nanny Pamela; the head help in our house, and Grace's. like I said, I didn't really have a lot of friends, and yes, I didn't care about Racheal or Peter enough to want to save their numbers. I didn't care at all.

"Kora!"

I could hear Grace call my name again, as she moved closer to the bed. The door shut quietly behind her. I felt her warm hands hold on to my arm, trying to pull me to turn around.

"You need to get up, you can't lock yourself in here all day."

Nah, I could, and she was going to watch me do just that.