Chapter 10

She couldn't have been much older than me. A year? Perhaps two? She had an oval face with slightly chubby cheeks, a imperial South-Western nose, plump dark brown lips, slightly slanted amber eyes framed by long lashes and long, pitch black hair. She wasn't very tall, with a soft hourglass figure—probably more chub than muscles—with curves so sinful even mine couldn't hold a candle to hers. She was beautiful. And very bare apart from a simple plaid blanket.

"How rude of me," I frowned as I realized that, "Dawn," I turned to the petite female eager to please, "can you go get some clothes for Hati? Take them from my closet, they have more chances of fitting."

     The blonde nodded and was off. I needed to look for her brother, Dusk. Gods knew they both deserved it. Dawn only had him left from what she'd told me, and he had been lost protecting her. I would make it my mission to find out if he was alive, and if so bring them back together.

     I turned to the female walking beside me— Hati, she'd said her name was.

"What made you want to look here?" it was a genuine question.

     Did she have the gut-compass, as I liked to call it, my Warriors had had to find me, or was it something else?

"I heard of you. Your exploits are becoming more and more famous. Rumors are spreading like wildfire about you— apparently you can spit fire," she answered.

"That would be a great advantage. Unfortunately, I haven't figured how to do that yet," I laughed, "But Morrigan has some kind of magic so she might know."

     I felt her tense beside me.

"Why are they circling us?" she questioned, though it came out as a half-growl.

     I saw her muscles clench as she collected power in her legs, ready to pounce.

"They're trying to keep the population of this city from seeing your boobies, Hati. Give them some credit," I half rolled my eyes, half warned.

     This was my Pack. She had better not hurt a single member if she was planning to leave with a heart between her ribs. I would make sure of that.

I turned to Fenris, "This is Fenris, my soulmate. He found a male during a raid on one of Luna's camps."

     My male spoke up, nuzzling in my hair before doing so. He had grown quite fond of doing that since we'd arrived here, claiming it was 'beautiful and so soft and, honestly Little Wolf, why would I not want to touch it?'

"He isn't in very good shape, Lady. He was half dead by the time we got there, delirious, starving, parched and bloody all over. He's been here for a week and has gained some weight, but if he is the male you're looking for, he'll have to stay longer so he can heal, on the outside at least," he stated gently, silver eyes soft on Hati.

Hey! You only look at me like that! I snapped through the bond. You're mine.

He said nothing, but I was almost knocked back by the force of the emotions he sent me down the bridge. Possessiveness, love, adoration, passion, I belonged to him, and he would be damned before choosing another over me, before having to be confronted by the choice.

You're mine too, Little Wolf.

I slipped my hand through his and turned to Hati.

"What did your male look like?"

"Golden hair with silver eyes. Abs like a God, he's the hottest specimen you'll ever get the chance to see."

"I would beg to differ, Hati," I interrupted her, "I am the hottest specimen anyone will ever have the chance to see. You're close second."

     Fenris looked at me like a wounded cub.

"What about me?"

"You're the third. Maybe." I smirked. "I haven't seen Skoll yet."

He growled lowly, silver eyes narrowed in my direction.

"What?" I laughed.

"Nothing."

•••

The low-standing houses soon turned into taller skyscrapers where my Pack and I worked or lived. The procession followed us until I reached the large sliding doors of the Pack House. It was a huge skyscraper with large windows and a wolf mural wrapped around it from the base to the top. Nobody seemed to know who'd been the artist of the magical piece, but I'd seen the Beast looking at it with what seemed like nostalgia the first time we'd stepped foot in this city.

I strode next to Fenris as we led Hati to the hospital level. As we walled into the roomy elevator, I turned to the beautiful female.

"Skoll is not in good shape. If you jump at him, I will restrain you. Don't think I'm not strong enough to do so."

"I understand, Cassandra."

I waved her off, "Oh, please! Call me Cassie, all my friends do it."

Fenris gave me a weird look, one eyebrow raised.

"With all due respect, Little Wolf, your friends call you Alpha," he pointed out.

"Now stop making me sound like a tyrant, Little Rogue," I shot him a dangerous smile, "I wasn't the one to ask them to. They did it on their very own."

Hati chuckled lightly from my right.

"You guys are really cute, it makes me miss Skoll."

I grasped her shoulder firmly.

"Don't worry, Hati. If it's the male upstairs, you will be reunited in a couple minutes. If it isn't we will find him. This is a promise, Hati. I don't go back on my promises." A long-forgotten memory flashed back in my mind, "And by the way Fenris, we are about to take a little trip to a certain Pack in the South. I have loose ends to tie up."

My grin became a wild baring of fangs as I thought of the promise that had to be held.

The bustling nurses parted for Fenris and I, bowing for us. I liked being treated like the Queen I was, instead of being seen as a worthless, deranged female. Fenris was about to push the door to the male's room open but was roughly pushed aside by Hati as she barreled through, eyes glowing. We heard a muffled whimper of joy and then I decided to take matters into my own hands as Fenris didn't seem to be moving anytime soon, mouth still agape at the female's disrespect.

Shoving him out of the way, I barged into the room.

"Hati! What did I say about jumping on the wounded baby!" I growled, tearing her away from the male.

A/N: well guess who's alive