Mission: perhaps doable.

Harriet crept along the corridor, focused on her target.

She tiptoed up and...

"BOO!" she cried leaping at the Weasley twins.

"Oh, hey Harriet!" George said, calmly turning over a page in the book he was reading.

"Mother of Merlin!" Fred gasped, taking deep breaths to calm himself down. "Geez! Good one but... Geez!"

"Don't be dramatic, dearest twin of mine." George smiled sweetly. "It's only a taste of your own medicine."

Fred rolled his eyes.

"Anyway, what can we do for you, Harriet?" George grinned.

"I - erm..." Harriet began. Did she really need help for this? Would they help her? She was doing something that broke over 100 school rules and a few laws. Did she really need help though?

"You do need to tell us." Fred said, beginning to look worried. 

Harriet realised she had been standing there and staring for quite some time. But... asking for help? Could she formulate that differently? 

"Want to break a law?" She asked, slapping herself mentally.

"How? Hypothetically." George frowned slightly.

"Literally." Harriet said, without thinking.

The twins eyebrows shot up. Shoot!

"I - I mean, we - we'd be stopping someone - someone from getting arrested." She tried to explain.

"What? How? Who?" The twins gaped.

"Well... there's a dragon egg somewhere, being breeded illegally and I was wondering if you wanted to smuggle it out of the castle with me so, yeah..." Harriet trailed off.

George and Fred looked at each other, back to her and at each other again. They nodded.

"Sure!" they said. George snapped his book shut and budged to the side a bit so she could squeeze onto the bench between them.

"So," George bumped his shoulder against hers,  "Any ideas?"

Harriet knew she should have planned this better and made a mental note to do exactly that when another occasion arose, should it ever.

"No," she admitted quietly, bowing her head.

"That's okay." Fred smiled gently. "We can all think of something together."

Two days of intricate and careful planning later, Harriet slipped out of bed and snook out of her common room. She crept up the stairs and into the entrance hall where she was immediately yanked behind a statue, her shriek stifled by the hand over her mouth.

"Sorry!" Fred whispered. 

"Mrs. Norris and Filch are finishing up their patrol." George added as an explanation. 

Harriet nodded in understanding. Be quiet, don't move, give no signal that you're there. She could do that. Years of practice at the Dursleys had made her somewhat of an expert. She almost reprimanded Fred for breathing too loudly when Mrs. Norris turned her yellow eyes in their direction.

Then, finally, the caretaker and his cat left. Fred and George looked to her as if to ask 'ready?'. Harriet finished mentally counting to 100 and nodded.

They slipped out of their hiding spot and fled the castle. They raced across the lawn to Hagrids hut. They'd informed him of the plan on the day prior.

Hastily, they knocked on the door. It swung open.

"We have to move quickly!" Harriet said. 

Hagrid nodded, his face falling. It was clear that he'd been crying.

"Don't worry." George patted him on the shoulder as Fred picked up the basket containing the flaming reptile. "I'm sure he'll be very happy and grow up strong and healthy. Charlie will make sure of it."

"If yeh say so," Hagrid sniffed.

"We know so," Fred said, firmly.

"Goodbye, Norbert." Hagrid told the sleeping dragon in the basket. "I'll miss you."

"We'll keep you updated." George promised. Harriet nodded.

After the last goodbyes were said and the final tears were shed, the trio sprinted back across the lawn and crept back into the castle. They twisted through secret passageways, snook up staircases and crept down hallways with shadows as their only cover. 

The hardest part of the journey was the climb up the astronomy tower staircase.

"Now I know why the upper classes are so fit," Fred panted, "They have to do this more often than we do."

"I'm just happy down is easier than up." George sat down abruptly. 

Harriet leant against the door they had just come through, trying to inhale as much air as possible. "Don't you two play quidditch?" she asked. 

"Different exercise." the twins replied in unison.

Harriet nodded in acceptance of that and looked to the sky. The stars were pretty. She wondered what it would be like to fly amongst them, just soaring across the sky. 

They waited. Then, they waited some more.

Fred sighed.

George frowned at his twin.

Harriet looked at Norbert.

Fred followed her gaze. "Maybe we should tickle him awake?"

"Never tickle a sleeping dragon!" George exclaimed.

"Why not?" Fred asked.

"It's  such a bad idea, it's literally our school motto!" Harriet rolled her eyes.

"Okay."

Silence settled over them again. Harriet's gaze drifted back to the heavens. She spent some time connecting the dots of light to form dragons. Hungarian horntail, chinese fireball, welsh green,  iron be- wait! There was something flying towards them.

"Guys," she said, pointing.

The looked. "Charlie!" They waved frantically.

A group of wizards came to a skidding halt.

"Fred! George!" A very obvious Weasley leapt off his broom and swept the twins into a crushing hug. "These are my mates. Meet Patrick, John, James, Lizzie, Maggie and Gordon the second."

"What happened to the first?" Fred snorted.

"Nothing anyone can prove." Gordon the second said very seriously.

"Where's the dragon?" Patrick asked.

"In that basket," George said. 

John, James, Maggie and Lizzie went to attach it to their brooms. Harriet stayed out of the way. She didn't know these people. They seemed a bit wierd. 

Then again, so was she. Who else was going to smuggle a dragon out of Hogwarts with the twins?

"ACHOO!" Harriet  sneezed. Suddenly all eyes were on her.

"Sorry." she said.

"Oh yeah!" Fred said brightly.

"Charlie," George said, "This is Harriet."

He pulled her over to them. Charlie grinned at her. 

Harriet had no clue what to say. Charlie, obviously, was cool! He had longish hair pulled back and a thousand watt smile. His jacket was tattered and there were patches on his jeans. He stood with a certain confidence that made Harriet feel like an absolute mess.

"Nice to- nice to meet you." She stuttered out, extending her hand.

Charlie grabbed it, "You too. Fred and George have told me a bit about you. You like dragons right."

She could feel herself going a bit red in the face. She nodded.

"Nice." He said.