Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The first person to come walking into the room was my mom. Well, she came hurtling into the room and on top of me. After her came my father and then a brunette that I guessed was my nurse.

My parents were attractive people. I was not weird I promise. They just were, it was a fact. I was kind of proud of my genetics. My mother had long strawberry blonde hair that grazed the lower part of her back. She usually always wore it in a messy bun with either a few paint brushes or pencils shoved in there. Her eyes were a light blue on the outside and they slowly morphed to more of the gray as you got closer to the pupil. She had specks of freckles on her nose in the summer, but in the winter it was a gentle porcelain color. She was dainty, but a spitfire.

My father was the exact opposite. Tall where she was short. Dark where she was light. His hair was jet black, almost darker than night. Apparently, people always used to ask if he dyed it, which always made him angry. His eyes were brown, and his skin was an olive color due to his Italian background.

They used to say that it was their opposites that made their relationship work. I honestly think that if they were not mates, they would have probably hated each other. They bicker way too much. I think they actually get off from it. What a couple of weirdos. Their arguing no longer phased me, and most of the time my brain naturally just shut it out.

"My baby my baby!" My mom yelled as she started planting kisses all over my face. I did not like it.

"Mom, I am fine, I'm fine. No kisses, no kisses. My pores are already disgusting as is, I don't need your saliva in them too," I squirmed, making my father laugh, and mother pout.

"And there she is!" he said as he leaned down to give me a hug, "At least we know the wolfsbane didn't change your personality."

"Dad, it's gonna take something a lot stronger than wolfsbane to change me," I responded, earning another laugh from my dad and a cry from my mother. She cried a lot. Probably way too much. Commercials about dogs: sobs. Seeing an old couple walking and holding hands: crying so bad that she can't even make words. When she sees me put a dress on: snot is pouring down her face so bad that tissues would be scared.

I reached out and patted her shoulder, "Mom, no crying," I commanded in a soft voice. I was cutting her some slack, I almost died... again.

"It's just you, uh, you joked, and I thought, thought I couldn't wouldn't hear that a-again," she sobbed, and brought her face to my leg, which I was lucky enough to have a hospital blanket on. It can soak up her tears.

"Diane, we talked about this, we gotta keep it together," My dad said to her as he patted her back. Oh no, he should not have said that. Just like a dragon coming out from its cave, my mom's back tensed and she turned toward my dad slowly. I had to hold in my laughter.

"Do not tell me what I can and can't do Henry. This is my daughter. I raised her. I fed her. I brushed her hair. I nursed her. If I want to cry, I am Gods damn allowed too. You watch Game of Thrones literally every night, even though we finished it months ago, and do I complain?" She asked, earning a "Yes" from my father and a "No" from herself, "So shut your mouth and let that beautiful nurse tell us what is going on." my mom said, and motioned to the nurse who was standing in front of the computer on the wall. I totally forgot about her.

She didn't seem to care about the marital fight that just happened in front of her. From her lack of being phased, I could infer that parental bickering was something she saw a lot of. The nurse turned her attention away from the computer screen and towards me.

"Hi my name is Shelly, I am a nurse here at Leviathan Community Hospital. I see your name is Maeleigh, is that what you prefer to be called?" she said. From the smell in the air, I could tell she was a werewolf. This hospital is mostly run by wolves, and was where we all went when sick. There were few humans, but they had no idea.