Not Gonna Die Tonight

Ugh, why must they keep me here. Just let me die. I don't belong on this miserable rock. I should have fallen with the rest of the irken armada.
     "When can I have my pak back?"
     "When your doctor decides that you are no longer suicidal. She knows that you use it to end your life. We can't have that happen."
     "I will die without my pak."
     "Not if your pak is disconnected and vital helpers are kept attached. Your doctor already figured everything out. You've been disconnected for two hours now."
     "That is not fair."
     "You aren't being fair. In fact, you're being rather selfish. It may all end with you but it doesn't have to be your end. There are people who would be effected by your death."
     "It would be celebratory. People do not like Zim."
     "Dib and Keef do."
     "Whatever."
     "Oh... they're here. I'll retrieve them."
     "Thank you, Gir."
     "Who's here? Zim doesn't get visitors."
     "That is true, we try to keep it down to a select few but this person was adamant after finding out what happened yesterday."
     "Who? Zim has no friends."
     "Ouch. I thought we were getting along great."
     Hmm?
     Dib walked through the door with Gir and beyond them I saw Keef run off.
     "Dib? You really remember me?"
     "Did you really think I would lie to you about that, Zim? He remembers."
     "Well duh, Zim-dumb. How could I ever forget about you."
     "But... But I don't..."
     "I'll leave you two alone."
     "Thanks, Agent 234."
     "Mhmm."
     "Gir?"
     "Yes sir?"
     "Wait with agent 234."
     "Yes, sir."
     I'm in trouble. He told me to stop trying in that letter but I didn't.
     Gir left with the agent and then Dib grabbed a chair and moved it right next to the bed and sat down.
     "Sup, Zim. What's going on? I've been really worried about you."
     "Oh come on, now. You've been worried about Zim?"
     "Well duh, dude. I've been concerned about you since I found you. Why the hell would you do something like that?"
     "Do what?"
     "Try to kill yourself. I don't get it."
     "I... I can't tell you."
     "Then I can't help. I would like to. I never want to see you get like that again."
     "You wouldn't understand!"
     "How do you know?!"
     "Nobody would understand! I barely understand!"
     "Is this about a new emotion that you've been experiencing?"
     Huh? He's looking at me weirdly. His eyes, they read an emotion of upsetness. He is worried. He is really worried for me?
     "Dib-stink was really worried?"
     "Duh."
     "But I thought that you hated me."
     "I already told you that I don't hate you. Did you even get the note that I left behind."
     "I may or may not have been given a letter from agent 234."
     "Don't keep doing this. I don't want to see you dead, dude. If you need to talk then I am here."
     "I don't want you to hate me."
     "I no longer have the ability to hate you."
     "You... You remember how we talked about different emotions here that I have been experiencing."
     "Yes. You have depression, you're in love, you've been nervous and afraid... why?"
     I can't tell him. I can't bring myself to do it.
     "I got all night to talk about It. So it's a new emotion. Is it your fear? Has my sister been haunting your nightmares?"
     "No. Irken rarely dream because we rarely sleep. I fear very little."
     "So you want to talk about worry? Love? Did the person you love break your heart, dude?"
     "Stop looking at me with that worrisome look, human. It does not help me."
     "Sorry, but how else am I suppose to look when I'm worried."
     "It... it is the person that I love."
     "Well I'm all ears but I've only been in love once before so I won't be much help."
     "How... how do you even express this feeling of love towards the person you are interested in?"
     "You say it. But be prepared for both a negative and a positive response."
     "N-Negaitve how?"
     "They will hate you."
     Uh-Uh... I can't have him hating me. What other reason would I have to even think about living.
     "But it could also be positive. Come on, dude. Talk about it."
     "I can't."
     "And why not?"
     "Because I am in love with you, human!!"
     "What?"
     "I... I am in love with you."
     Looking at him as I said that, I had to look away. His face was red, I could see smoke coming from his ears. He looked mad. But I guess if he hates me, I will be allowed to- whoa!
     "Unhand me, human!"
     "It's a hug. Just let me hug you."
     "Isn't a hug a-a positive expression?"
     He let go of me and sat down at the end of the bed and he smiled at me.
     "It is in most cases. It's okay."
     "You are not mad?"
     "Why would I be?"
     "Why would you be okay with an alien loving you."
     "Well... maybe it's because I love you too."
     "Wha-what?"
     "What?"
     "You have a positive emotion towards me too?"
     "Well yeah. One of the reasons that I've been so worried for you. You are the one person I am in love with."
     "But... I don't understand."
     "I don't understand it either. But that's okay. Does this have something to do with why you're suicidal?"
     "What? No... maybe."
     "Want to talk about it?"
     "I already talked about it with agent 234 and Gir."
     "Fine. Gir!"
     The door flew open to reveal Gir with his listening device out. He was never good at keeping it casual.
     "Yes sir."
     "What did he tell you about his suicidal thoughts?"
     "He said that since you no longer remember him, he would be better off dead. He's nothing but a problem and with his death, it would be the extinction of a pest armada."
     "I didn't say that."
     "Yes you did. Would you like the audio too?"
     "I-"
     "A-Alright. I did say that."
     "Thank you, Gir. Back in the hallway."
     "Yes sir."
     Oh great. Now he's going to be mad at me. I don't want that.
     "Zim?"
     "Dib-stink."
     "I like you the way you are. I don't have a problem with what you say or do, I remember you and I remember you well, and I don't plan on forgetting you any time soon."
     "R-Really?"
     "Well duh, Zim-dumb."
     I acted on impulse and sat up, grabbed Dib, and pulled him into a hug.
     "Whoa, dude."
     "I don't want you to forget about me, Dib. I don't want to lose you."
     "You won't."
     I could feel his arms wrap around me as he returned my hug and held me close.
     "It's okay, Zim."
     It's reassuring to hear that.
     "Can Dib-worm stay for a while?"