One Last Kiss

Vandel

This plan was a hot fucking mess. We both knew it. The chances that we were going to pull this off felt practically next to none yet here we were. Getting caught could cost me my reputation as a demon and for Ridley...potentially his life. My mother would never allow him to live if he was brought to her.

I took a deep breath before slowly making my way towards the guards, trying to act as if everything was perfectly normal. All three bowed immediately as I approached.

"Good evening your highness," the first said.

I faked a frown, my gaze raking over the three of them. "What the hell is this," I snapped. The guards stiffened.

"What is it your majesty?" One stammered.

"Your clothes...they're HORRIBLE! Line up in front of me! I need to inspect you!" I snapped my fingers and a single death glare from me sent the soldiers scampering into a line with their backs to the aviary. As they did this I looked them over, pretending to inspect them. I spotted Ridley out of the corner eye sneaking forward. For this next part I would need to use my magic to pick the padlock, all while continuing to talk to the guards. I stuck one hand behind my back, continuing to scowl. "The three of you are a disgrace, honestly."

"W-What do you mean your highness!" One guard stuttered. "This may be presumptuous of me to assume b-but I was quite sure we followed your instructions for the dress code to the T."

I glared at him, all the while fiddling with my hand behind me to magically pick the lock. Damn, dividing my concentration like this was harder than I thought it would be.

"Well obviously you didn't get my pamphlet for PARTY dress code!"

All three guards jaws seemed to drop to the floor.

"I'm sorry sir...we didn't realize there was another pamphlet."

"Obviously! I specifically said I wanted all guards wearing a rose in their lapels! If any guests from the ball wander outside and see you they'll be taken aback by how utterly BORING you all look and will be completely taken out of the festive atmosphere. Honestly this is a disgrace and an INSULT to both me and my pamphlets." As I finished this improvised rant I finally managed to finish picking the lock, the magic bind breaking. I could hear a soft click from behind the guards as the door released, luckily they seemed too stressed out by my presence to notice.

This next part would be tricky. Ridley had to silently escort 40 people out of the cage into the woods which meant I needed to be extremely loud so they wouldn't hear.

I crossed my arms, continuing to look displeased. "Since it was your lack of creating a festive atmosphere that has brought upon such a disgrace the three of you are now responsible for creating one."

"One...what sire?"

" A MOTHER FUCKING FESTIVE ATMOSPHERE!!!! WHAT ELSE?!?!" I cleared my throat, collecting myself. "I think the best way is for us to all sing a song together."

"A-A song sire?"

"Yes...how about a classic...Demon Fire."

"B-But sire that's a children's song," one of the soldiers stammered.

I shot him a glare. "Does it look like I give a fuck? Why, you have a problem with that? It's a classic."

The soldier immediately shook his head. "No of course not sire."

"Good." I began to snap my fingers. "A one...a two...a one, two, three..." The soldiers stood awkwardly in silence. I glared at them. "Well that was fucking fantastic," I snapped, "you've all already missed your GODDAMN CUE! Let's try it again. A one...a two...a one, two, three..."