chapter 22 | Control me

"What did you mean when you said you wish I could see that Jungkook can be a bad person when he shows what hides deep inside of him...?"

He gulps his food down, glancing away but holding his chopsticks without using them anymore. "How can you remember those words...?" he chews on the rest of the food still left in his mouth, his eyes now fixed into mine. "I always remember everything important..."

His chest inflates and deflates to let a heavy sigh go out, his tongue passing over his lips furtively. "I said that because...I know him for a longer time than you do and...I know some things that you don't...about him..."

"What kind of things?" I immediately ask, feeling worried at the sound of those words. "Things I wouldn't want you to know about, y/n..." he lands his look on his food, going back to eating to avoid giving me the truth I want to hear.

"Jaemin, stop that and tell me what you're talking about," my heart goes on a race, the beating of it losing its steadiness as I cannot handle this unknown. He puts his arm down against the table and gazes down. "This is not the first time that we get into a fight but...even though this one we just had was the worst and will always be, we already fought but...you weren't there so no one stopped him from doing what he wanted..."

"What do you mean...?" my eyes widen, the tone of his voice explaining all the seriousness of this. He puts his chopsticks down on the table and passes his hand through his hair. "It happened the day of your birthday this year, I remember that day I was about to come to your house to surprise you but...before I left my house, I was already arguing with him through texts and he got pretty worked up about the fact that I was going to see you and be by your side all day long...he was already kinda in love with you at that moment and...a bit too much honestly but whatever," a sigh runs out of his mouth as the story seems to be getting stressing. "He knew I was about to go to your house with some chocolates and flowers and champagne and all you know...so...he arrived at my house before I could come and see you but...this went totally bad and we came to blows...this is the reason why I couldn't come on time that day..."

My brain dysfunctions for a moment, recalling those things and now not believing it. This is way too crazy to be true but those are obviously not lies, I remember that he came home with bruises and injuries on his face that day but claimed that he fell down the stairs of his house. "What made you two go so far...?"

"Well...I know I'm the one who got you two together but...on that day...I was a bit upset about his behavior since I was already in love with you...I really wanted to see you and spend that special day with you so I let my mind speak a bit too much and told him to stop being so obsessed with you...then he didn't like the things I said so...he got mad and used rude words so I did as well and that blew up..."

"Gosh..." I cover my face with my hands, feeling hurt just to think about it. "You should have told me the truth..."

"I couldn't or else you would have known I was friend with him," he smiles to release the tension, grabbing his chopsticks to feed himself again. "I had to keep it secret to make it a surprise for you."

"Why did you make us end together...?" I ask from our of nowhere, not even realizing how risky this can be. "I mean...if I was in love with someone, I would never want my best friend to date him if he's the one I want..."

"Yeah but...what would you do if that someone you love was talking about the one he wants and keeps on dreaming of?" his brown eyes now back into mine kind of makes me shut it, understanding his point of view and feeling hurt about it. "I knew you were infatuated with him and would have done everything to have that type of man in your life...I knew he liked you too...so...I just did what was the best for you...'cause...I could feel that you would have been happy to be with him...even though I know how he is and how bad this could get..."