Chapter 14

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter but I wish you all an early Merry Christmas and I hope you have an amazing new year.

MATT
I don't even have her number. I'm screwed. She obviously doesn't like me. I have never talked to myself like this, what the hell is happening to me?

"Mom." I walk into her room and she looks up with bags under her eyes.

"Yes honey?" She questions.

"Is this a bad time?" I sit down on her bed beside her.

"Of course not. What's up?" She starts coughing and rubbing her eyes and I take that as a hint.

"Mom are you okay? I can go make some soup?" I get up but she pulls me down.

"I'm fine. Now tell me what you wanted to say." I sigh.

"Well there's this girl. And I really like her." I mumble and I see the brightest smile on her face.

"Does this girl also happen to live right beside us?" She smirks.

"Possibly." I reply blushing a little.

"Ah Matt! I'm so excited for you." She hugs me and then starts coughing again. I decide to just ignore it for now, and I'll get her soup even if she doesn't want it.

"But the thing is, I don't think she likes me. She is so different from all of the other girls I've been with and it's like she's playing hard to get, when she doesn't even know she's doing it, I guess. Ugh! I don't know what to do." I plop down beside my mom and stuff my face into a pillow. I feel her hands start to comb through my hair and I instantly relax.

"You are dealing with a shy girl, obviously", my mom starts coughing again and I notice the sweat dripping down from her forehead.

"Mom, do you need a doctor?" I get up and am about to pick up the phone when she stops me.

"I am a doctor, and I say I'm fine. Now let me finish." She pats the seat next to her and puts her hand in mine. "As I was saying, she obviously will come off as guarded when you first meet her. That's what I was like in high school. I have so many trust issues and I never let people in, that was until I met your father but we both know how that turned out," She smiles at me and continues. "With a girl like this, you really have to try. Once you get through the wall, you will meet the most amazing person. It just takes time and patience." My mom lays down in bed and I take that as my cue go get some soup and medicine.

I get everything I need from the kitchen and head back upstairs. I set the soup down beside my mom who looks extremely pale.

"Mom?" I question as I feel her forehead. At first I think she is just asleep but when I don't see her breathing my pulse quickens. I start shaking her to see if she will wake up but she doesn't. I run to the phone and dial 9-1-1 as quick as possible.

"911 what's your emergency?" The operator asks.

"My mom, she won't wake up. Something wrong with her. I need help, please come quickly." I start hyperventilating and pacing back and forth through the room.

"Come down sir, we have sent an ambulance to your house and they will be there as soon as possible. Now can you please tell us what she looks like?"
At first I wonder how they got my address but the I realize they probably just tracked the phone.

I look at my mom and a tear drops down my cheek but I quickly wipe it away.

"White, so white. And there is sweat running down her face. Black bags under her eyes and her lips are almost purple."

The doorbell rings and I quickly hang up the phone not caring about the person on the other side of the phone.

I see the flashing lights and everything seems to go by so fast I don't even realize rushing out of the door while they take my mom on the lift.

"Matt?" I turn my head to see Bella and her family in their pjs looking worried at me.

I look back at my mom in the car and I run into it while I look back at Bella as she keeps eye contact through the back window.

When I look back at my mom, they are checking her pulse and immediately tears start streaming all done my face.