Chapter 5: Draco's turn

1:43am. Since it was getting late and Harry would need to be up early to make breakfast later, he decided to go to sleep. Only after focusing on making his extra appendages disappear as well as his horns. He also put a glamour on because of his eyes and new features. 

He became the same scrawny child he was before, just, 15 years old now.

-------------------------Backwards in time

4 June 1995~At the malfoy manor~ 11:38pm

 The manor was silent, no yelling or screaming were heard in comparison to a certain house on Privet Drive. Only small tapping of feet could be heard from the house elves walking around. There were distant clanks of pots being washed and put away from the kitchen, the house elves happily humming to themselves as they worked peacefully. They were lucky, Lucius Malfoy, Narcissa Malfoy nor Draco Malfoy had laid a harsh touch against any of the elves. They were happy to serve their masters gratefully, after all, it was what they enjoyed doing, at least, the elves in this manor enjoyed it. 

On the second floor stairs, small pitter patters of and elf's footsteps were barely heard. The elf, Tippy, walked into the third door on the right of the west wing. There lay an exhausted pureblood boy, his mother by his side and rubbing his back gently and his father walking over to Tippy to retrieve the hot water bottle she had brought up for the Malfoy heir. With a quick thank you from Lucius Malfoy and a bow from Tippy, a small pop could be heard, signalling that Tippy had left the room.

All three knew what was happening, Draco Malfoy was going through his inheritance. And a painful one by the looks of it.

By the time it had reached 11:53pm, Draco was breathing heavily and whimpering slightly every few minutes. His back felt like it was ripping apart and his eyes had started burning as he clenched his eyes shut.

Finally midnight had came, Draco was writhing in pain and his parents could only watch with sympathy burning in their eyes. 

A blinding light had begun to reach it's way out of his back and was spreading all over the room. His tears were running down his face. His back was in the most pain it had ever felt. It became too much, the Malfoy heir started screaming and kept screaming for 4 more minutes. 

When all was quiet, Draco opened his eyes to see his parents' shocked expression. "My darling, you... you're... majestic..." Draco heard his Mother's soft voice tell him as she approached him, Lucius by her side. 

"It's magnificent, I've never seen anything like it..." Lucius whispered in awe. Once Draco had gained enough strength, he stood up unsteadily with his father's help and gasped at the sight of his mirror.

A pair of silky white wings laid limp against his back as well as a pair of thin, see through wings. His white wings, which he assumed was a Veela Inheritance as it ran in the family, had golden specs in them and glistened in the moonlight. The second pair of wings however twitched and fluttered gracefully. He looked up at his face and let out another soft gasp. 

His hair had brightened up and was shaved in a faded style (similar to Harry's) at the side, it also had golden sparkles in it like his wings. His right eye was the same blue but much brighter and vibrant and the sclera was a pitch black. His left eye however was a magnificent purple and the sclera was a dangerous bright yellow. His face had somehow gotten more sharp but stayed muscular and his ears had pointed up as well, his lips had also plumped up but still remained generally masculine.

His height had grown to a strong 6'2 and a silver crown wrapped around the back of his head with golden gems in it. He noticed how his tears had turned a golden colour and how his skin seemed to have a natural glow. 

On his left forearm, a green fading into blue feather was intertwined with gold and silver patterns that reached around his arm, his left shoulder, his left side, partly down his chest and his back. On his right hip however he saw a mark of a silver dandelion flower, the seeds of the flower gliding to his left hip. 

He turned around to face his parents and they stared with amazement, before smiling widely at their son and walked over to him and wrapped their arms softly around Draco's torso, winding in between both pairs of wings. 

"Hold on, I'll go get the inheritance book from downstairs, I think I know what your second inheritance is" Narcissa said excitedly, gracefully speed walking down the hall and down the stairs. The whole family had learned to do a lot of things for themselves after realising in second year, after Dobby had been set free, that they had been being selfish and learned from the house elves. They knew how to do all the chores around the manor, but the elves still wanted to do most of them because they wanted to repay them for their understanding and kindness.

Soon after, Narcissa returned with an excited smile on her face as she walked into the room with a large and worn book with the title 'inheritances and what they mean'. "As you probably know, one of your inheritances is a veela. They are an elegant creature native to Bulgaria and are very protective of whoever they have a platonic, romantic or familial bond with. There is a chance you have a mate but it is possible to not have one." Narcissa explained with knowledge swimming in her shining brown eyes. 

"However, you seem to have two inheritances, which is rare but not unheard of." Lucius said softly, the same look of knowledge swimming through his eyes and a rare smile lit up his face.

"Now. Let's have a look in here to see if my assumption of your second inheritance is correct, I'm 99% sure I am right, but just in case I'm wrong." Narcissa said with a small chuckle as she flicked through the book to the 'F' section. After 3 minutes of searching Lucius found it and chuckled as he looked at his wife.

"Seems you were right again 'Cissa." He knew what his wife had been talking about when she said she knew the inheritance. Draco smiled confused at his parents and looked down to where his father was pointing and his eyes widened and lit up.