025. forlì

EDDIE'S  heart pounded hard in his chest as he pulled his three bags onto the luggage cart that Mike's family had been so considerate as to find.

His parents only had two bags each, and Mike only had one big suitcase, but Eddie was a ball of anxious energy and over-prepared for every occasion. This meant that he had three decent sized bags lining his arms, which rattled the cart when he sat them in.

Shoving his hand into his pocket, he followed behind Mike's father into the airport, his heart in his throat. He was tired; most of the upcoming flight he'd spend asleep, or halfway there, staring out of the window at the clouds while music played in his headphones.

The night before he'd been buzzed with excitement and talked to Richie through early hours of the morning, and despite the happiness that still coursed through him, the exhaustion overran it.

The hum of the plane through the air and the soft chatter faded into the background as his headphones played Lewis Capaldi. The clouds shimmered beneath fresh starlight, the sun not yet risen over the horizon, the airplane just cold enough for him to drape a blanket over his lap.

The scenery was beautiful from above; all that was visible for a moment was clouds, the consistency of marshmallows, all pink and baby blue and golden. Yet still, he knew he would be far more amazed by Richie Tozier's beauty than the sight of the clouds.

The end of the flight came soon enough, the turbulence of the plane rattling against the concrete stirring him awake, and he was texting Richie before he even stood from the seat. People filled the aisle, attempting to get out of the plane, tugging their bags from the overhead.

IMESSAGE
CHIE, EDS

eds
CHIE CHIE CHIE

HEY

HEY

WE JUST LANDED

chie
SHIT OK

WE'RE ALMOST TO THE AIRPORT 😭😭

IM SO EXCITED I CANT BREATHE

eds
ME TOO HOLY SHITHAJSHSJ

chie
SHOULD I THREATEN THE TAXI DRIVER ????? HES GOING 2 SLOW

eds
YOU SHOULD NOT!!!!!

chie
://:/// BUT I WANNA SEE U

eds
b patient bitch 😔✊

i'm not even off the airplane yet there's too many people in the aisle thing

chie
HMSHSJS I JUST WANNA SEE U SO BAD

eds
me too HSKSJSJ

okay i have 2 go i'll text u as soon as i'm off the plane 😭😭

RICHIE shoved his phone into his pocket with a pout, crossing his arms and slouching in his seat. Stan has gotten dibs on the front seat of the taxi for whatever reason, so Beverly and Rich were in the back.

It smelled oddly like a mix of marijuana and Takis; a weird combination of scents for a white man who looked no younger than fifty. Outside of the cab was a mix of tall buildings and short ones, the occasional lake or park stirred into the mix.